Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you get hosting customers? Can you reveal any methods that work? - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you get hosting customers? Can you reveal any methods that work?

13»

Comments

• Enjoy your break xD

Thanked by 1[Deleted User]
  • Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2015

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Enjoy your break xD

looks like hes back.

@nightvps got banned at around 5:22PM quickly afterwards that event someone named @Administrator1 decides to join LET and the first thing he does is thanking posts from @nightvps.

ss

it truely cannot be more obvious.

• @Mark_R said:

Didn't realise applicants could thank...

• @wych Do we have an applicancy period?

And boy... Did he get banned fast!

• @Mark_R said:

Isn't the account creation on here manually provisioned? How did they let such a name slip through the system.

• Mark_RMark_R Member
    edited February 2015

@wych said:
    Didn't realise applicants could thank...

could be a permission/role setting on member group applicant that isn't adjusted right

• @Mark_R said:

Makes sense, I'm not quite familiar with Vanilla's administration capabilities. I know with SMF (Simple Machine Forums), it has a feature that lets you block certain names (wildcards included) from being registered.

• @Pwner said:
    Isn't the account creation on here manually provisioned? How did they let such a name slip through the system.

i doubt that the moderators are going to waste their time monitoring what fake alias sz1 is going to use this hour.

• PwnerPwner Member
    edited February 2015

@Mark_R said:

True, but I'm sure they can set something up to prevent people from registering accounts under "Administrator *" or "root *" or false admin names such as those.

• @Pwner said:
    True, but I'm sure they can set something up to prevent people from registering accounts under "Administrator *" or "root *" or false admin names such as those.

Would save them workload for sure.