Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dedicated server for build vps
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Dedicated server for build vps

I have more than 50 vps from some different provider. Price of each vps are $6-$20/year. Now I need 30-50 vps again.
Should I buy vps again or is it time to go with Dedicated server..??

If its time to use DS, what you suggest? (specs and price)

Comments

• Well, what do you need the VPSes for? Do they each need their own IP, etc? Can they all be in the same location (is location diversity not needed)?

• Most of them are for running vnc, 1 IP for each vps is needed, location no important. :)

• Use online.net Good connection from asia than SyS

• Each vps need 512mb-1024mb of RAM, what specs DS for accommodate them.
    Many thanks for all suggest.

• @xphones said:
    Each vps need 512mb-1024mb of RAM, what specs DS for accommodate them.
    Many thanks for all suggest.

This should be under Requests, but I'll make you an offer.

I can offer you 50 512mb VPS at $2 each monthly, or $20/each annual. They can be any virtualization you choose (Ovz,KVM,Xen). Dedicated IP for each box, and you can add/combine these VPS if necessary. Pricing after the initial 50 will be $1.50 per 512mb VPS or $15/each annual.

• FalzoFalzo Member
    edited February 2015

@xphones: which operating system is used on the vps's? how much hdd-space do they need each. running vnc alone doesn't make much sense to me at all, so you should probably give a bit more detail on what is done on those boxes... sounds a lot like htleap/jngl*ng crap ;-)

you probably will have at least 32GB RAM to look for and the best CPU you can get on your overall budget. if you go with your pricetag given above that would be around $1-1.5 per vps, which doesn't look like an easy task to get a dedicated with enough IPv4 than...

maybe @BharatB shows up in short time to make a dirty deals on IPs ;-)

• @Falzo said:
    which operating system is used on the vps's? how much hdd-space do they need each. running vnc alone doesn't make much sense to me at all, so you should probably give a bit more detail on what is done on those boxes... sounds a lot like htleap/jngl*ng crap ;-)

you probably will have at least 32GB RAM to look for and the best CPU you can get on your overall budget. if you go with your pricetag given above that would be around $1-1.5 per vps, which doesn't look like an easy task to get a dedicated with enough IPv4 than...

maybe BharatB shows up in short time to make a dirty deals on IPs ;-)

I feel I made him a pretty solid deal. I'll be surprised (and quite frankly, in disbelief) if anyone tries to go cheaper. I quite literally went almost no profit margin on this offer.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @Jonchun said:

just wrote my comment while you were posting, so did not read it before.
    I was answering on @xphones request, not your offer, will edit my post accordingly ;-)

your offer seems fine to me, hopefully this works out for you ;-)

• If need more IPs for virtualization, select SoYouStart rather than Online.net. IP price in online.net not cheap.

• Yeah. But dont forget latency if you plan using vnc. Better buy diffrent location

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

If your currently spending 500~ a year then that's 40~ a month for a dedicated server with 50 IP's... That's not very realistic so I would suggest staying with the individual yearly vps's

It may be benificial to find a vps provider that you like and can offer you the spect you need, there is a high chance you will get a decent discount/free upgrades for having 100~ VPS's with them.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

Whats your budget ?

• @Falzo He has arrived!

• Lets say 50 vps's @$15/year = +-$750/year.
    Dedicated 32GB ram (for example) $49/mnth or $600/year.

The problem is;
    1. For that price, Can this Dedi handle 50 vps?
    2. Offcourse this is not iclude additional ip's.

This is why difficult to make a choice :D

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2015

@xphones said:
    Lets say 50 vps's @$15/year = +-$750/year.
    Dedicated 32GB ram (for example) $49/mnth or $600/year.

The problem is;
    1. For that price, Can this Dedi handle 50 vps?
    2. Offcourse this is not iclude additional ip's.

This is why difficult to make a choice :D

You're not going to find a provider that's willing to part with that many IPs to a regular end-consumer. And there's no way you're getting a dedicated server that can handle 50 vps for $49/month. You're forgetting the cost of virtualization software panel as well.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

Hello,

Whats your budget ?

If its 50 vps then I'm guessing that will be hitleap so this is my offer

Dual X5650
    48GB RAM
    2x240GB SSD / 2x2TB HDD
    HW RAID-1
    61 IPv4
    30TB @ 1GBPS

$130 /mo

Your $50/mo offer is not realistic for the workload

• What's about volumedrive.com and their quadix.co?.

• @Jonchun said:
    You're not going to find a provider that's willing to part with that many IPs to a regular end-consumer. And there's no way you're getting a dedicated server that can handle 50 vps for $49/month. You're forgetting the cost of virtualization software panel as well.

It just for personal use, not to reselling them, so ovzwebpanel or proxmox is enough.

I have one existing Dual X5150, 16GB, this spec just allow me to create max 7 vps or load cpu node will be very high if I create more than 7 vps :(

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2015

@xphones said:
    I have one existing Dual X5150, 16GB, this spec just allow me to create max 7 vps or load cpu node will be very high if I create more than 7 vps :(

What are you expecting? 50 VPS on a 2 core processor (x2) that was shelved 6 years ago?

Edit: Anyways, PM me if you decide on my offer above. We handle the virtualization while you just use them. Of course, all ToS/AuP apply. (found on our website)

• @xphones said:
    Most of them are for running vnc...

@xphones said:

so there must be something running on your vps's that is clearly more than just 'vnc'. after all 'vnc' doesn't make sense as standalone service, but already mentioned this... care to elaborate what you intend on using them for real?

otherwise - how should one give a realistic advice in this by only guessing around, what you may need?

• 0xdragon0xdragon Member
    edited February 2015

@Falzo said:

It's clearly hitleap or some other traffic exchange :)

Thanked by 1Falzo
  • @0xdragon said:
    It's clearly hitleap or some other traffic exchange :)

yes, that's what I would say, too... tbh I would prefer people be more honest about things they are planning, as this would only be fair to any provider willing to offer something...

• If he uses low end VPS for hitleap, probably will get banned for high CPU usage.