Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Payments
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Payments

Hi,

What is the best and cheapest payment processing company which has easy setup ?
I want to accept cards and also PayPal.
If both of these exist, nothing like it.

Comments

• Stripe is probably the best/easiest you're going to get if you need a merchant account. Stripe is supported by almost every popular billing software, and if it's not there's probably 3rd party modules for it. Their API is also very easy to work with so you can build an application from scratch without much trouble. If you happen to develop in Laravel, there's also the Laravel Cashier fluent interface which is AWESOME.

• What is the registering cost ?
    BTW, do they accept individuals ?

• edited February 2015

Nothing stripe charges a percent of the price just like paypal does for using their processing services. Stripe is 2.9% + 30¢ per transaction

• How is their approval system based on the fact I am not in the US.

• @danielbecker said:
    How is their approval system based on the fact I am not in the US.

Should be fine. If they don't accept you, just register with Paypal Pro ($30/monthly and you can accept credit cards as a merchant processor with a virtual terminal and everything. all funds go into your paypal balance)

• +1 to Paypal although heard that Stripe is good also but haven't used it.

• @HostAxa said:
    +1 to Paypal although heard that Stripe is good also but haven't used it.

No reason to not use both :)

Thanked by 1HostAxa
  • PayPal pro is not in Germany.

• you can try 2checkout

merchant & PP, fees are reasonable too

• Yeah you can get 2checkout account, Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, and Debit Cards Globally.

• @century1stop said:
    you can try 2checkout

merchant & PP, fees are reasonable too

Its like 5.5%

• @danielbecker said:
    Its like 5.5%

it's like 1% difference.........that a lot? no monthly fees unlike merchant a/c.

• PayPal and Stripe work well for us.

• @century1stop said:
    it's like 1% difference.........that a lot? no monthly fees unlike merchant a/c.

2.9% - 5.5% = 2.6% difference.

• hmm thought you are just start up. perhaps others will suit your biz model better then.

• Why not accept PayPal directly? Add button - Pay with PayPal - than redirect to payment page, less secure but remove all unwanted fees to third party crocs

• Yes, I guess that is the last resort. I wanted a universal payment accepter which would accept more than paypal.

• 1) PayPal Free + Stripe
    2) PayPal Pro

I would personally choose PayPal Pro as one payment gateway makes things easier to manage. PayPal Pro also supports credit card payments without any redirection to the PayPal website (same as Stripe). PayPal have brilliant support. Stripe you basically get no support.

If you are on a budget just use PayPal Free + Stripe. You can get a free Stripe WHMCS module here:
    https://www.serverping.net/clients/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

It's messy and has template mods. So updating WHMCS can be a bugger. You need to make sure you don't replace the Stripe template files with updates. Another +1 for PayPal Pro as there are no template mods because it is supported by WHMCS.

I tend to find that a universal payment accepter can be a put off for potencial clients. People like to use gateways they trust!

• @XuHi said:
    1) PayPal Free + Stripe
    2) PayPal Pro

I would personally choose PayPal Pro as one payment gateway makes things easier to manage. PayPal Pro also supports credit card payments without any redirection to the PayPal website (same as Stripe). PayPal have brilliant support. Stripe you basically get no support.

If you are on a budget just use PayPal Free + Stripe. You can get a free Stripe WHMCS module here:
    https://www.serverping.net/clients/cart.php?a=confproduct&i=0

It's messy and has template mods. So updating WHMCS can be a bugger. You need to make sure you don't replace the Stripe template files with updates. Another +1 for PayPal Pro as there are no template mods because it is supported by WHMCS.

I tend to find that a universal payment accepter can be a put off for potencial clients. People like to use gateways they trust!

To the end user, Stripe and PP Pro are essentially the same thing. I don't think "trust" is really the issue here.

• @Jonchun said:
    To the end user, Stripe and PP Pro are essentially the same thing. I don't think "trust" is really the issue here.

I agree that for the end user PayPal Pro and Stripe are essentially the same thing. I may have worded the last bit incorrectly. You are right trust isn’t the issue.

I am referring to gateways like 2checkout. For me they are a big put off and an inconvenience. From end users points of view who have no knowledge of different payment gateways etc they can easily be put off. They like to see big names like PayPal or simple pay by credit / debit card. As most people have these accounts at hand already.

• @XuHi said:

Ah right. 2checkout, skrill/moneybookers, xsolla. If I see any of those as the main payment methods at a company, I'll probably nope out of there.

• @Jonchun said:

Yeah yeah. Thats what I mean :) Is that Hostbill you are using? Looks really nice on your site.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2015

@XuHi said:
    Yeah yeah. Thats what I mean :) Is that Hostbill you are using? Looks really nice on your site.

Thanks. It's actually Blesta. I would recommend you pick it up if you're interested. Grab one with @licensecart

• @Jonchun said:
    Thanks. It's actually Blesta. I would recommend you pick it up if you're interested. Grab one with licensecart

Nice. I was going to get Hostbill but prices are insane and support is very bad. I will take a look. I am currently using WHMCS but have some brands that I am going to deploy soon so will think about using a different billing script. Always nice to get expereince in different platforms.

• @XuHi said:
    Nice. I was going to get Hostbill but prices are insane and support is very bad. I will take a look. I am currently using WHMCS but have some brands that I am going to deploy soon so will think about using a different billing script. Always nice to get expereince in different platforms.

Just made the switch. It's a little rough at times, but it's really easy to modify and tinker yourself. Should also note that Blesta supports Stripe, PP Pro, PP normal, etc out of the box, so there's that as well. (It even supports offline payments through mail if you wanted manual payments)

Thanked by 1XuHi
  • @Jonchun said:

Nice will have to take a look. Might get a monthly license and see what I think before making a long term commitment.

• @XuHi said:
    Nice will have to take a look. Might get a monthly license and see what I think before making a long term commitment.

First month is free.

• @Jonchun said:

Brilliant. Will get one of my websites finished and deploy it when I am done :) Cheers for help.