Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hiring a designer / css coder for a small job
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

hiring a designer / css coder for a small job

Its a small gig because the designer left me without any notice. The design home page / other pages area ready (including a blank page). Need someone to make network + about page for me. I can't afford to pay a lot but can do something reasonable.

Please PM me if you can do this.

Comments

• @icry said:
    spam

This post has been flagged due to it's content having absolutely (pardon the french) "fuck all" to do with what the OP wants.

Thanks!

Thanked by 1Jonchun
  • @somerandomguy said:
    Its a small gig because the designer left me without any notice. The design home page / other pages area ready (including a blank page). Need someone to make network + about page for me. I can't afford to pay a lot but can do something reasonable.

Please PM me if you can do this.

Save everyone the trouble and just post the maximum amount you're willing to pay. Also, if the home page and other pages are done already, why not just fill in the network/about page yourself? Surely you can figure out where to put the content if the header/footer html/css is already completed. My apologies for being so blunt, but if you can't figure out where to put content inside a premade html file, maybe you shouldn't be in a tech business. It's like trying to become a surgeon without being able to figure out where a patient's elbow is located.

• ricardoricardo Member
    edited February 2015

Anyone in 'tech' needs to know HTML/CSS? Hardly. Currency has its uses, he can get someone to spend an hour or two developing it instead of 8 hours trying to figure it out for himself.

Saying that, it's probably good to post a budget, based on an estimate on how long it'll take.

• JonchunJonchun Member
    edited February 2015

@ricardo said:
    Anyone in 'tech' needs to know HTML/CSS? Hardly. Currency has its uses, he can get someone to spend an hour or two developing it instead of 8 hours trying to figure it out for himself.

Saying that, it's probably good to post a budget, based on an estimate on how long it'll take.

You don't need to know html/css to open a premade template and add some "about" information. I'm not a lawyer, but if you gave me an average legal form I could still easily work out most of what the document is saying (even through the legalese) and figure out where I need to sign, etc. There's a difference between learning html/css and literally being able to use any editor (WYSIWYG or text/html) and entering content.

• You can also go to freelance work sites like oDesk to hire a web designer/developer :)

• @Jonchun said:
    Save everyone the trouble and just post the maximum amount you're willing to pay. Also, if the home page and other pages are done already, why not just fill in the network/about page yourself? Surely you can figure out where to put the content if the header/footer html/css is already completed. My apologies for being so blunt, but if you can't figure out where to put content inside a premade html file, maybe you shouldn't be in a tech business. It's like trying to become a surgeon without being able to figure out where a patient's elbow is located.

Thank you for your blunt reply. Ever thought what if I just don't have the time? Isn't it good that someone gets paid for what he does instead of someone (like yourself) who knows-it-all?

Well, I have money, and I don't know anything about tech (if you check my past threads) and I don't want to. I can hire experts instead of being a know-it-all.

• @somerandomguy said:
    Well, I have money

I can't afford to pay a lot but can do something reasonable.

You're gonna need to make up your mind. Anyways, apologies if you were offended. I was just telling it as it is. As others have suggested, just go get some outsourced/freelanced work. LET probably isn't the best place to find someone to do this type of "chump work", for lack of a better word.

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

I'm here skype me or mail @ [email protected]