Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

one USD per month VPS for backup
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

one USD per month VPS for backup

DNSbedDNSbed Barred
edited August 2012 in General

In fact I don't trust any free vps.
I now want to find a small vps with true 256MB memory for backup purpose only, 5G Disk, the traffic is not sensitive, expect 1 USD per month.
Does anyone here provide that? :p

Comments

• DanielMDanielM Member
    edited August 2012

@DNSbed said: expect 1 USD per month.

Does anyone here provide that? :p

YOu do realise a Business needs to make money and is not a charity dont you?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

The problem is the memory, why 256mb for backup?

• @jarland coz I have to run a mysql server.

• @DanielM yes I know. just posted it to get a luck, maybe there are or aren't though, :p

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

Well that's not just backup then.

• Sql server for backup? :/

Anyway, just get a blueVM shared hosting package for $7/year. You can host a few sites on it as well.

• @black not sqlserver, it's a mysql slave.

• @DNSbed why don't you make it compress a MySQL DB, send it to a private directory ... /patch/to/site/mysql_backups

and then rsync /patch/to/site/ ?

Why would you need a DB on it, unless you planned on syncing the DB all the time, which is silly, just do regular compression transfers.

You could get a 50c/month server from Prometeus in IT (Iperweb) Or you could contact @Damian he might be able to set you up with a 50c/month server, or a $1/month like I have now, 6GB storage, 64mb ram (can also run a DB with this, just very optimized!) and enough bandwidth to chew a cat up.

• @eastonch thanks for your suggestion.
    But what I need is a mysql slave server, the slave connects to the master all the time via the replication protocol.

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

Sorry, please confirm I read that correctly, you want 256mb dedicated ram for $1 p/month?

• @AnthonySmith yes, or at least 192M to make enough to run a mysql.

• gbshousegbshouse Member, Host Rep

Just fetch Amazon AWS Free Usage Tier - you can run 1 (Linux) instance for free for one year and incoming transfer is free

Thanked by 1DNSbed
  • Get SecureDragon or Prometeus Yearly

Thanked by 1DNSbed
  • AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

Up your budget a bit, 1.75$/m when paid yearly and I can get you that VPS.

• 1$? well. you can find what you want, but its mostly a dead pool. try upgrading your budget a little :)

• Additionally, a mysql replication slave doesn't need cache, so you can turn cache off 100%, and mysql will run in approximately 18 megabytes of RAM.

Thanked by 3DNSbed eastonch Andri
  • +1 Secure Dragon has some nice boxes for this.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

https://www.prometeus.net/billing/cart.php?gid=12
    VZ0 has 128 ram 128 vSwap, will certainly run a mysql slave, it costs 10 eur a year so close to 1 $ a month. Since vSwap is really ram at a lower speed tho, it is almost true :)
    Has great io also and 6 GB hdd space.
    Also 256 gb traffic.
    M

Thanked by 2rm_ DNSbed
  • thanks for all the answers. If I got that VPS it's a good luck, if not it's insensitive too, since I take the cold backup for my database every two hours. :p