Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Another GVH Thread (Dedicated Server Order)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Another GVH Thread (Dedicated Server Order)

agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
edited February 2015 in Reviews

Redacted

Thanked by 2netomx MannDude

Comments

• How old are these children? (Serious question)

• The real question is .. why.. why did you even try..

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • You sure get [ripped off / almost ripped off / jerked around] a lot m8.

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

Redacted

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

Just lol.. and this is another case of 'you should have known'.

Thanked by 1qrwteyrutiyoup
  • GVH really should have NOC-PS

edited February 2015

Redacted

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep

@agoldenberg said:
    Jon is 17 years old.

No excuse, you can be young and mature or at least act mature when you need to.

edited February 2015

Redacted

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited February 2015

I think its time for me to setup a bot that watches for GVH offers and replys with a massive quote of all the sh** reviews (I would happily include the nice ones... but there are none)

• LeeLee Veteran
    edited February 2015

@agoldenberg, if you are going to continually make bad judgements do you need to open a new thread every time? Really, you have been here long enough. First the WHMCS licence for $100, then considering an offer from Casper253 and now this.

I just don't know what you angle is here, other than trying to throw money away on poor decisions.

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited February 2015

@W1V_Lee said:
    agoldenberg, if you are going to continually make bad judgements do you need to open a new thread every time? Really, you have been here long enough. First the WHMCS licence for $100, then considering an offer from Casper253 and now this.

I just don't know what you angle is here, other than trying to throw money away on poor decisions.

He takes one for the team...then two and three and four ;)

Thanked by 3Lee matthewvz Brad
  • That's what you get for purchasing from a school kid / idiot / ignoring the thousand and one reviews they have here.

Again: GVH should be avoided at all costs.

Thanked by 1Lee
    edited February 2015

Redacted

• @agoldenberg said:
    So Jon over at GVH saw my post looking for an Atom and made an offer.

Where and how did he see your post? assuming that he has been banned from LET.

So I believed him,

How old are you? Seriously!

Now having worked with CVPS I know that this is nowhere near true with Colo Crossing.

Is it true? and yet..

Who the hell in their right mind invests money into building a business and puts this guy at the helm?

You are answering your very own question. Seriously!

I just don't see what is your angle here

Agree!

Not sure whether to comment on OP's decision making ability or general common sense that is required to exist and operate in this environment.

• @agoldenberg - What type of dedicated server are you trying to buy?

• @mikeyur - MicroServers seem to be the cheapest for Avotons, but I am surprised at their pricing. They are using Supermicro Microcloud servers - $10k for 24 servers ($416.66/unit + disk + memory) so if they are charging $25/month and get get the whole unit built for $500 then they have 20 months before they are going to break even (excluding power, network, real estate).

Westin Building is far from cheap so not sure how sustainable that pricing is.

• agoldenberg said: Dedicated on the other hand tend to go better.

I can tell you that when you have hdd failure, network issues or need a special setup you want to be dealing with a company that actually knows what they're doing. You certainly do not want to have to pass through 2 layers to get to competent ColoCrossing support. The time that takes would be tremendously frustrating.

• @MarkTurner Astute (parent company) is pretty far from budget and has a lot of large clients, there's likely another side to this (invested in space, need to fill it - have long term plans for this hardware, etc).

@sambling I can get right to CC if I need to.

Can a mod please shut this down. No point in discussing any further.

This discussion has been closed.