Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the deal with WHT censoring NameSilo ?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What is the deal with WHT censoring NameSilo ?

romanzromanz Member
edited February 2015 in General

I am with NameSilo and quite like it there so wondering if there is something I should know. Google is not much help, but some posts about NameSilo lead me here.

Comments

• Proof please?

• romanzromanz Member
    edited February 2015

Tried to post something and NameSilo got starred so I edited it out.

Anyway, here someone asked the same thing and WHT mod ignored the question

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1196245

• romanzromanz Member
    edited February 2015

Amazing, just posted this question few minutes ago and 56 views. Perhaps this board is more alive than WHT.

• Interesting. Not sure why they would censor it if it's not business-related.

• @bear's answer is sort of scary,not only he didn't say anything on the fact, but kind of warned op that he too is violating the rules......

Thanked by 1lifehome
  • i love namesilo. they are my preferred registrar

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

I'm willing to bet they got their name censored for shilling. That's the only thing I can think of.

• I asked Mods there why ClickDesk was censored and they replied b/c of spamming so maybe it's something similar?

• Yeah, once I replied to the thread there and mentioned namesilo but it got censored.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited February 2015

@romanz said:
    I am with NameSilo and quite like it there so wondering if there is something I should know. Google is not much help, but some posts about NameSilo lead me here.

I too wonder why. They're a good brand.

• Its not something new.. this censor has been there for a long time:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1120331

• here's the reason, copy pasted from one of the moderators on WHT:

"It simply means the provider is banned from the forum.

(Please don't try to circumvent the ban by replacing characters in the name or adding spaces within it).

You mustn't over-interpret such a ban. In most cases, it doesn't indicate any problem with the provider, but more frequently is about some history of them breaking the rules of the forum.

In any case, we cannot explain any more. We take privacy extremely seriously, and so we would only discuss the reasons for this with the member in question."

• emreemre Member, LIR

romanz said: Amazing, just posted this question few minutes ago and 56 views. Perhaps this board is more alive than WHT.

welcome to the new wht Neo!

Not new. This is the next generation.

Where you can say anything about anyone and everybody cares having their popcorns ready.

LET is love and popcorn.

LET is chill and poptarts...

• sinsin Member

romanz said: Amazing, just posted this question few minutes ago and 56 views. Perhaps this board is more alive than WHT.

It wouldn't surprise me...WHT doesn't allow anyone to suggest services so every thread is full of providers or shills with one sentence replies like "What is your budget" just to spam their sig. There's really no useful content there - new threads are all the same or from someone who got pissed that their hosting was suspended for whatever reason. It will eventually get worse and worse there.

• @mpkossen said:
    Interesting. Not sure why they would censor it if it's not business-related.

It's because NameSilo didn't get corporate membership :/