Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tuxlite - .sh files won't execute
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Tuxlite - .sh files won't execute

nimdynimdy Member
edited February 2015 in Help

I've had a few websites happily running on a container set up using Tuxlite (http://tuxlite.com/installation/)

I've just logged in to add a new domain, which should involve simply running the command - ./domain.sh add johndoe yourdomain.com

For some reason this doesn't seem to be doing anything. When I run the command I simply get a flashing cursor and have to Ctrl+C to crash out of it. This seems to be the case with any .sh file in the Tuxlite folder. I've checked the file permissions and all seem to be set up as 0700 as dictated by the install guide.

Any idea what might have happened to the script of my system?

Thanks.

Comments

• RadiRadi Host Rep, Veteran

Try 755 or 644 or "chmod +x domain.sh".

• Have you checked file permissions or chmodded?

• The install file says to do chmod 700 *.sh in the Tuxlite folder. I've tried 700 755 and 644 but neither of them work.

Try to navigate one level up the install folder then:

chmod -R +x installfolder

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    Try to navigate one level up the install folder then:

chmod -R +x installfolder

Nope. Still no joy with that. I wonder if it has something to do with the Debian update I did recently. Could the script refuse to fun because a minor update to Debian?

Try to replace +x with 777.

• @FtpIt_Radi said:
    Try to replace +x with 777.

Still no luck. Seems strange that this is happening. Even a restart didn't help.

• Got it to work by reinstalling the scripts again. Still stumped as to why they broke!