Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

SolusVM 1.16.05 - First since OnApp
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

SolusVM 1.16.05 - First since OnApp

First update since OnApp takeover, seems to include lot's of "fixes" and removal and addition of simple things that have been incorrect or missing throughout the Panel.

https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/v1.16#v1.16-1.16.05

What's everyone think?

Comments

• I guess @rds100 will still want his backups!

• Good stuff. Will wait a week before upgrading though.

• SolusVMSolusVM Member, Host Rep

There will be quite a few releases like this while Phill works through all the commits and merges them.

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited February 2015

Just noticed this the CSS Improvements has helped the overall speed of SolusVM :)

@SolusVM when is the 2x branch coming out?

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

@SolusVM , In OpenVZ CTs, same as the option to enable TUN or PPP, will be interesting a button to provide the customer the option to enable FUSE by himself.

Thanks to consider.

Thanked by 1Nick_A
  • I'm going to wait this one and see what others think to it.

@clamhost said:
    SolusVM when is the 2x branch coming out?

If you're subscribed you will find out by the end of this week.

Thanked by 2Licensecart tomsfarm
  • @SolusVM said:

SolusVM should also work on Documentation. The current Doc is missing many things. (And making things difficult for 1stt time users)

• tomsfarmtomsfarm Member
    edited February 2015

@SolusVM said:
    If you're subscribed you will find out by the end of this week.

Are you aware of a bug with the noVNC console where the mouse input does not work (KVM)

• Error with add/delete additional IP addresses in VPS Centos not fixed .... :(

@ngstargate said:
    Error with add/delete additional IP addresses in VPS Centos not fixed .... :(

Can you explain in more detail?

• Ok.

I create new CentOS VPS with 1 IPv4.
    Login to VPS, go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and see file ifcfg-eth0
    All OK.

In admin panel I open VPS, go to menu "IP's" and add 1(2,3,...) additional IP.
    Then click "Re-Configure". VPS two times rebooted.
    Login to VPS, go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and see file ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth0:1(ifcfg-eth0:2,ifcfg-eth0:3,...)
    All OK.

In admin panel I open VPS, go to menu "IP's" and remove 1(2,3,...) additional IP.
    Login to VPS, go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and ... see file ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth0:1(ifcfg-eth0:2,ifcfg-eth0:3,...)
    No comments...

• and about IPv6 configuration I want to say
    All configuration don't work...
    In debian if we have 2 or more IPv6 addresses in /etc/network/interfaces first IPv6 address added 2 times....

• Any idea about this ?

https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/Xen+XL+Setup

For how long will still work with XM ?

• AnthonySmithAnthonySmith Member, Patron Provider

"Fix PHP session locking in admin/client areas"

• smansman Member
    edited February 2015

@ngstargate said:
    Ok.

I create new CentOS VPS with 1 IPv4.
    Login to VPS, go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and see file ifcfg-eth0
    All OK.

In admin panel I open VPS, go to menu "IP's" and add 1(2,3,...) additional IP.
    Login to VPS, go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and see file ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth0:1(ifcfg-eth0:2,ifcfg-eth0:3,...)
    All OK.

In admin panel I open VPS, go to menu "IP's" and remove 1(2,3,...) additional IP.
    Login to VPS, go to /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts and ... see file ifcfg-eth0 and ifcfg-eth0:1(ifcfg-eth0:2,ifcfg-eth0:3,...)
    No comments...

Thanks. Noted.

@qhoster said:
    Any idea about this ?

https://documentation.solusvm.com/display/DOCS/Xen+XL+Setup

For how long will still work with XM ?

Depends on what CentOS do. If you use 3.x never, but 4.x XM is removed in 4.5

@AnthonySmith said:
    "Fix PHP session locking in admin/client areas"

There is still 2 more bugs on this to solve over the next few maintenance releases.

• @SolusVM said:
    Thanks. Noted.

Noted - is good.
    But Fixed is VERY good. :)

Thanked by 1Umair
  • Why do I get this on a slave after updating? @SolusVM

2015-02-04 02:08:26: (mod_fastcgi.c.2695) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error:  <br>The encoded file <b>/usr/local/solusvm/includes/functions.php</b> is corrupt. in Unknown on line 0
    2015-02-04 02:08:30: (mod_fastcgi.c.2695) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error:  <br>The encoded file <b>/usr/local/solusvm/includes/functions.php</b> is corrupt. in Unknown on line 0
    2015-02-04 02:08:32: (mod_fastcgi.c.2695) FastCGI-stderr: PHP Fatal error:  <br>The encoded file <b>/usr/local/solusvm/includes/functions.php</b> is corrupt. in Unknown on line 0

After the upgrade, I add a new IPv6 to a CTID, but is not added. Anybody with the same issue?

• DewlanceVPSDewlanceVPS Member, Patron Provider
    edited February 2015

It reminds me update of WHMCS ;P

@jmginer said:
    After the upgrade, I add a new IPv6 to a CTID, but is not added. Anybody with the same issue?

Subnet or single IPv6?

@SolusVM said:
    Subnet or single IPv6?

Subnet

• PatrickPatrick Member
    edited February 2015

SolusVM is reminding me of OnApp already, no testing and releasing half working updates.

WebHostingTalk Cloud forum shows you countless posts and threads from OnApp clients (big and small) complaining about botched updates.

Thanked by 1vpslegend
  • @Patrick said:
    SolusVM is reminding me of OnApp already, no testing and releasing half working updates.

WebHostingTalk Cloud forum shows you countless posts and threads from OnApp clients (big and small) complaining about botched updates.

Looks like I made the right decision moving away from SolusVM. I got tired of stuff simply not working right or being way too hard to configure. The admin panel feels bloated to me. I could never get NoVNC to work either and support responded with 'are you on the latest version?" I was so annoyed I didn't even bother trying to get it resolved lol.

Thanked by 1vpslegend
  • smansman Member
    edited February 2015

How is this update going for people who have taken the plunge?