Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsufi opening ports problem...
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsufi opening ports problem...

Hey,

I've set up my new node and im struggling to open a few TCP/UDP ports. Can someone tell what am i doing wrong?

Im setting up a game server, i didn't need to forward any ports in my old server. I tried various IP tables commands but still nothing. I even installed shorewall.

Im using KS3 node, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS 64 bit. Followed this guide - https://7dtd.illy.bz/wiki/Ports

Regards,
Chan

Comments

• you should not need to forward any ports on a kimsufi server.. unless they changed that. which I highly doubt.

• Uninstall all firewalls (or delete all the rules), empty iptable. Basically undo everything you did, and the ports will be open.

For firewall on ubuntu, I recommend ufw

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited February 2015

Change your kernel to the stock kernel

• Problem solved. Something is wrong with my server backup, somehow when i create new server instance it works, but when i use my backup it doesnt. Seems like this have something to do with the .pid file i moved from the other server. Thanks