Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you contact Kimsufi (ticket/e-mail) to cancel a server?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you contact Kimsufi (ticket/e-mail) to cancel a server?

When I try to cancel my Kimsufi K-3 server, I only get this when I try to create a ticket:

I have tried their forum, but no reply. How do people cancel their servers @ Kimsufi or contact support?
The ticket issue has been there for some days now.

Comments

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

I'm pretty sure you just ignore the invoices, aka don't pay

Thanked by 2myhken BuyAds
  • Go to "Services" in Manager v3 & you will see the option "Return your dedicated server" or simply let the server expire :)

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

said: When I try to cancel my Kimsufi K-3 server, I only get this when I try to create a ticket:

You don't do so via a ticket. Look around in your panel, you should find a list of active services with an option to cancel each of them.

pbgben said: I'm pretty sure you just ignore the invoices, aka don't pay

Nnnnope, not if you transitioned to monthly auto-renewal.

• If using paypal for payment, try using 'dispute' for better their response.

• @rm_ said:
    You don't do so via a ticket. Look around in your panel, you should find a list of active services with an option to cancel each of them.

Please show me where. I just find a renew button, thats the only option in my Kimsufi control panel.

myhken said: Please show me where. I just find a renew button, thats the only option in my Kimsufi control panel.

I don't have active Kimsufi servers at the moment, so I can't. But it's not in the "plain sight" :) I.e. the current services list is not the first thing you see in your panel, look around for it in the menus, it's in its own separate subpanel.

• @fametel said:
    Go to "Services" in Manager v3 & you will see the option "Return your dedicated server" or simply let the server expire :)

I have no access there, my userID don't work there, and they don't find it when I try to reset password

• @mustafaramadhan said:
    If using paypal for payment, try using 'dispute' for better their response.

No, don't.

Thanked by 3mikho jar Mitchell
  • @myhken said:
    I have no access there, my userID don't work there, and they don't find it when I try to reset password

Yes having restrained from ordering Kimsufi servers for last couple of years I forgot Kimsufi users are now restricted to the separate panel :(

But you don't need to worry, just simply don't pay your invoice & they will close it immediately.

edited January 2015

fametel said: just simply don't pay your invoice & they will close it immediately.

Again, this is incorrect.

Back in the end of 2014 they have moved to monthly auto-renewal system with mandatory cancellation notice required. Sure if you don't pay they may terminate your server, but don't necessarily expect them to write off the unpaid invoice.

• @rm_ said:
    I don't have active Kimsufi servers at the moment, so I can't. But it's not in the "plain sight" :) I.e. the current services list is not the first thing you see in your panel, look around for it in the menus, it's in its own separate subpanel.

Looked everywhere, no sign of cancel this server option. Just renew.

I have looked in all the menues you see in the picture.

• @wych said:
    No, don't.

Why?

edited January 2015

myhken said: I have looked in all the menues you see in the picture.

For me it was in "Billing -> My services". There was a list of my servers with options to renew or cancel each of them.

• @rm_ said:
    For me it was in "Billing -> My services". There was a list of my servers with options to renew or cancel each of them.

Have no My services there:

• No 'cancelled' in SoYouStart also, as I remember it.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • LeeLee Veteran

There are now 2 ways to cancel Kimsufi. If you setup automated billing then you need to go to Billing>My Services and under the server you want to cancel select the appropriate option.

Otherwise just leave it, no need to email them, it will cancel itself when you do not pay manually.

Thanked by 3myhken rm_ 4n0nx
  • Shoaib_AShoaib_A Member
    edited January 2015

@rm_ said:
    Back in the end of 2014 they have moved to monthly auto-renewal system with mandatory cancellation notice required. Sure if you don't pay they may terminate your server, but don't necessarily expect them to write off the unpaid invoice.

I have servers from OVH(not SYS/KS) & whenever I need to cancel my server, I just do not pay the server & they cancel it without any issues. But it is possible that things work differently at just Kimsufi now

Thanked by 1myhken
  • @W1V_Lee

OK, I did not setup an auto payment, and since I don't have any My services under Billing, so will I just not pay the next bill.

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

They told me to not pay the invoice...

Thanked by 1myhken
  • OK, thats solve that problem.

• Does anyone know if Kimsufi stuff is able to move money from 1 order to another?

I ordered KS2 yesterday (unfortunately after their work hours) and i payed upfront for it. As it turned out today, im gonna need more resources for my project so i luckilly got a KS3 today.

Im not gonna use KS2 so i requested (http://www.kimsufi.com/uk/ cause their ticket system is down or smth) refund for the whole order (it's status is "manual check" and it isn't activated) and i asked them if i need to pay for KS3 order the whole sum or just those 6 euros difference.

Anyone had any kind of similiar situation and can tell me anything?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

@rm_ said:

This is not true for me in Kimsufi US/BHS. I have no cancellation option, must manually pay invoices monthly, and cancel by not renewing. I know they do things differently by region, but by US it works this way at least.

edited January 2015

Jar said: This is not true for me in Kimsufi US/BHS. I have no cancellation option, must manually pay invoices monthly, and cancel by not renewing. I know they do things differently by region, but by US it works this way at least.

Mkay, I thought by now they've switched over all clients to auto-renewal, apparently not.