Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

sys/ovh any idea?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

sys/ovh any idea?

ever since 1pm today i lost total connectivity to 3 hosts (1 linux and 2 windows) yet the other 8 remain active. has anyone seen this with ovh before?

not only that when i connect to the vm it says internet connected but when i try a ping or traceroute it fails.

OVH french guy says everything is fine. i call back again he says he found a fault tells me to call back at midnight. which i do, the next guy says everything is fine and blames configuration (these 3 machines have been online nearly 50 days and all machines have the same image apart from the linux ones.)

at this point i may be looking for an alternative but needs to be a good cpu for game servers. so any suggestions or fix ideas?

Comments

• Typical OVH support experience. :( I slightly remember my IPv6 not working for a few days and it was fixed eventually (that was when BHS was "new"). Shouldn't their monitoring have picked it up, since your 3 hosts are not pingable?

• i dont think they monitor extra ip's just the main hosts

• @4n0nx said:
    Typical OVH support experience. :( I slightly remember my IPv6 not working for a few days and it was fixed eventually (that was when BHS was "new"). Shouldn't their monitoring have picked it up, since your 3 hosts are not pingable?

it should have, server would be deemed as under "intervention" until situation is rectified (pingable) either by SYS tech or server admin. No issues in BHS so far.

• TarZZ92 said: i dont think they monitor extra ip's just the main hosts

facepalms

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2015

I've had a lot of trouble with virtualization on my SYS server. KVM or OpenVZ (veth and venet), virtual MAC or not, IPs just drop off the face of the earth if not bound directly to the primary interface for me. I gave up on virtualization over it, couldn't live with questioning whether a VM would go down.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • that's strange, haven't faced such issue as yet.........

• Jar said: I've had a lot of trouble with virtualization on my SYS server. KVM or OpenVZ (veth and venet)

it really is strange how 3 would stop working and the rest are fine. (the linux one was using venet too)

• No issue so far with my SYS server.

• gestiondbigestiondbi Member, Patron Provider

If you refer to their Smokeping and weathermark, they got some capacity problem since the last 48hours in BHS.

• mine is in france.

• DennisdeWitDennisdeWit Member
    edited January 2015

Are your IP's geolocated in Ireland? My Ireland IP is dead. Ordered a Polish IP and it works fine. The EU Control Panel was unreachable too for a few moments.

• DennisdeWit said: geolocated in Ireland?

1 for ireland 1 for NL and 1 in Poland