Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for either existing Providers or an individual to partner with!
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for either existing Providers or an individual to partner with!

JatocJatoc Member
edited January 2015 in General

Hello,

Edit: As it seems there's white knights on LET who are against SEO Hosting, I'll put this up at the top. If you do not like SEO hosting, just turn around and leave now. I'm not going to sit here arguing with you.
1) No, it's not scamming people. People do their own research, and THEY decide whether they want to participate in multiple class-C hosting. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Just because you think it doesn't work doesn't mean you're right. Before anyone links to news announcements from Google claiming they don't factor in IP, of course Google is going to publicly say that they don't. It would be absolutely stupid of them to admit they take it into account. However, we don't know what they do and do not factor in behind the scenes.
2) Don't worry about me depleting the IP pool. My method of obtaining IPs is different from most. I guarantee you that I can provide 1000s of class C IPs without having to buy a single one. If this makes no sense to you, don't worry about it. I will explain in detail after a NDA is signed.

I'm not too sure if this is the right place, but the Offers and Requests forum didn't seem right either, so I figured I'd post it in general chat. Before anyone goes off about how useless this endeavor is, please move on and do NOT comment in this thread.

@MOD: If this is the wrong forum, I apologize. Please move it to where you feel is most appropriate!

I'm currently working on a new hosting company startup that will target the SEO hosting (multiple class C/B/A) market, and expand into offering private VPN/web proxy services as well. I'm currently working on a custom administration panel (vs using whmcs/blesta) in order to achieve what I need. I already own 2 solid domain names to choose from (although I am starting to really like one over the other) and am now looking for a little bit more "startup capital", or a sales expert to help market and obtain customers. I've done some research on competitors and there's currently only ONE other SEO host I've found that can come even close to the price point I have targeted as they use similar technology to the one I'm developing. However, they're missing features such as SSL and generally have slow page response times which will hurt SEO. Their platform is also very lacking in features and I have plans to implement some real timesavers.

I'm fully willing to demonstrate the method I am using, and show that what I am doing really is possible. Just a quick search for some of the top SEO hosting companies showw the following price per IP address:

$4.35/IP @ 125IPs https://seohosting.com/
$2.00/IP @ 300IPs http://www.seohost.com/shared-seo-hosting.html
$2.37/IP @ 100IPs https://cloakhosting.com/pricing
$2.47/IP @ 100IPs http://www.seohosting.co.uk/

etc etc. The method I'm coding will allow for a single sale to recoup the cost of obtaining the different IPs, and is completely exempt from being blacklisted by search engines (more info on this can be disclosed after NDA)

I realize that some people are against the concept of blog networks, SEO, etc, but if that's the case, you can leave now. I'm not here to have an argument over whether SEO hosting is effective or not. All I know is that the market exists.

That being said, I know that this can be a profitable industry with the right people. If this sounds like this could be a useful business endeavor to you or your company, please respond below or PM me with the below form! Only fill out applicable fields.

Name:
Name of your Company:
Number of Employees:
Maximum capital you are willing to invest (in $USD):
% of Profit you are interested in:
What can you provide? (marketing, just capital?, support employees?):

If you have any questions or suggestions, please feel free to ask/comment!

Comments

• Please be warned anyone who might be interested:

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/103137/Jatoc

This user joined today and this is their first post.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • @0xdragon said:
    Please be warned anyone who might be interested:

http://lowendtalk.com/profile/103137/Jatoc

This user joined today and this is their first post.

I have another account here on LET! I couldn't find anything in the rules about multiple accounts and I made this new one for privacy reasons. (I don't want people to be able to connect my two businesses. I can verify my identity as needed) If multiple accounts are not allowed, my apologies. I will find another way to search for a partner.

Here are the rules I consulted: http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/15263/lowendtalk-rules-and-guidelines

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Can't blame you - I wouldn't want to be associated with anything as disreputable as SEO hosting either.

Thanked by 1Maounique
  • JatocJatoc Member
    edited January 2015

@raindog308 said:
    Can't blame you - I wouldn't want to be associated with anything as disreputable as SEO hosting either.

Exactly. I know that SEO hosting isn't for everyone. But, it's a profitable industry and I want a piece of the cake. Maybe there are others here who feel the same.

Edit: Just to be clear, I personally have no qualms about SEO hosting. I also have no qualms about recreational marijuana. That doesn't mean I want to be associated with it. I'd rather just stay clear of debatable topics in my primary business and remain completely separate.

Jatoc said: Exactly. I know that SEO hosting isn't for everyone. But, it's a profitable industry and I want a piece of the cake.

Lots of unscrupulous businesses are profitable.

SEO hosting is:

• dishonest because it's nonsense
    • exploits ignorant people
    • wastes a common, shared resource (ipv4) that is in short supply

And you know this because you're hiding behind a fake name so that no one can connect this shady business with your name.

Yet, you want to do it because you want "a piece of the cake".

I think you should think less about money and more about ethics and whether your actions are making the world a better place or a worse place.

Thanked by 2vimalware ucxo
  • @raindog308 said:

This is the last response I will make to you as per this quote:

I realize that some people are against the concept of blog networks, SEO, etc, but if that's the case, you can leave now. I'm not here to have an argument over whether SEO hosting is effective or not. All I know is that the market exists.

• ok.
    • ok.
    • not with this method it doesn't. It only uses IPs that are already being used.

As for ethics, you can ride your white horse into the sunset all you want.

Jatoc said: ok. ok.

I'm glad you agree that SEO hosting is nonsense and dishonest. So I take it you are a dishonest person and are essentially seeking to scam people.

Jatoc said: not with this method it doesn't. It only uses IPs that are already being used.

Those IPs could be used for some other purpose besides your silly scam.

Jatoc said: This is the last response I will make to you as per this quote:

Sorry, you don't get to set the rules here.

Jatoc said: As for ethics, you can ride your white horse into the sunset all you want.

You've already stated that you agree this venture is designed to scam people out of their money, which is practically the same as saying you are looking for people to commit crimes with you.

Even though you agree that SEO hosting is nonsense and doesn't work - which means you're selling a fraudulent product - even if it did work, what is the result? Gaming search engines to boost your clients' fake pharmacies and replica watches higher in the search engine rankings. So even though you agree that you are defrauding the public, even if you weren't, you'd be defrauding search engines. What a prince.

Perhaps if this venture does work out, you can your stockpiled IPs for spamming...?

Not surprising you create a fake account to hide your name.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited January 2015

@raindog308 said: I'm glad you agree that SEO hosting is nonsense and dishonest. So I take it you are a dishonest person and are essentially seeking to scam people.

Care to elaborate why it's nonsense and what's dishonest about it?

Even though you agree that SEO hosting is nonsense and doesn't work

Why do you think it doesn't work?

which means you're selling a fraudulent product - even if it did work, what is the result? Gaming search engines to boost your clients' fake pharmacies and replica watches higher in the search engine rankings.

What? Other kinds of businesses don't take advantage of SEO marketing?? ;)

So even though you agree that you are defrauding the public, even if you weren't, you'd be defrauding search engines.

What? Defrauding the public how? And defrauding search engines how exactly?

Say you have two or even twenty pertinent websites linking to each other and you want those links to count, what is fraudelent (illegal) about hosting them on different class C IP's?

EDIT: last but not least:

wastes a common, shared resource (ipv4) that is in short supply

If you take issue with such waste, I really think you should take this up with Google, not the OP or others whose only "crime" is to follow Google's rules of the game ;)

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

Looks like you forgot to /alt

aglodek said: Care to elaborate why it's nonsense and what's dishonest about it?

Because this is 2015, not 2005. Google doesn't care about your IPs and these "dark arts of SEO" secrets are outmoded. Seriously, do you think the hundreds of PhDs employed by Google are going to have the wool pulled over their eyes by cheap tricks taught at $5,000 "web marketing boot camps"?

Every couple weeks someone asks on WHT for "a VPS with different Class C addresses". Leaving the loose pre-CIDR terminology aside, the comments are usually met with accurate and withering scorn.

The VPS providers enabling this nonsense know it doesn't work. They don't care. They're happy to sell the delusion. Some of them even enable it - rockstarvps was famous for telling WHT that he had "secret knowledge" he would share, but only with "paying customers". That is what is dishonest.

aglodek said: What, other kinds of businesses don't take advantage of SEO marketing? ;)

There's a huge difference between making a site search friendly and selling VPSes with dozens of IPs for no other purpose than to enable SEO strategies that were discredited years ago.

Google, for one, has repeatedly stated publicly that these sorts of strategies (specifically the effect of IP address) have zero bearing on search results. Of course, the "SEO hosting" crowd says "that's because we have them so thoroughly fooled!" Riiiiiight...if Google knows about these strategies, they obviously know how to foil them.

aglodek said: What? Defrauding the public how? And defrauding search engines how exactly?

It's the Internet equivalent of selling homeopathic cures. You're selling something that does nothing.

Say you have two or even twenty pertinent websites linking to each other and you want those links to count, what is fraudelent (illegal) about hosting them on different class C IP's?

First, welcome to 2015 - we haven't had Class C IPs in 10 years.

The "Class C IPs" make zero difference. That is the point. Put them all on the same IP address and the effect is the same. If you don't believe me, ask Google and they'll tell you the same thing.

aglodek said: If you take issue with such waste, I really think you should take this up with Google, not the OP or others whose only "crime" is to follow Google's rules of the game.

I'll sell you some magic words you can say that will improve your chances of winning the lottery. Who's dishonest - me or the lottery?

• Lol this is hilarious..

Thanked by 1TheLinuxBug
  • aglodek said: Say you have two or even twenty pertinent websites linking to each other and you want those links to count, what is fraudelent (illegal) about hosting them on different class C IP's?

Are they on the same ASN?

• @raindog308 said:

I'll ask you one more time because you're spamming my thread up. You don't like SEO. We get it. Please leave my thread now. I'm looking for serious replies. There's nothing wrong with selling homeopathic cures either. Modern medicine might be better, but there's something about home remedies that APPEAL to people. Whether it works or not is not the issue here. It's whether people are happy with a product/service they receive. If SEO hosting didn't provide some type of boost, or at least made people THINK it helped, the industry wouldn't be as big as it is today.

Secondly, please stop the bullshit about me selling VPS's with dozens of IPs. You don't know the business I'm proposing. In fact, the very basis of the business idea is to NOT be required to have my own IPs. I can proxy out IPs and mask them behind some clever coding so that everyone is on IPs that are being used anyways. (yes, it works on shared hosting. no, it's not against most ToS. It's the same as buying a lot of shared hosting accounts for the purpose of SEO. It doesn't go against IP depletion as these IPs are being used ANYWAYS)

Finally, you keep saying they make zero difference, or it doesn't work. When you provide me with your Google ID with proof that you work as a backend programmer, I'll consider believing you.

• @pbgben said:
    Looks like you forgot to /alt

That guy's not me lol.

• @eLohkCalb said: Are they on the same ASN?

Nope. Different providers, continents apart ;)

• MeanServersMeanServers Member, Host Rep

LOL. You will have better luck if you have a time machine and go back a decade or so, then maybe a company might want to partner with you. As previously mentioned before: SEO via IP addresses is simply snake oil, it's called original content now. We are also in the age of classless IP addresses.

Get with the times and instead of trying to sell something that has been proven not to work time and time again, wasting a valuable resource, and scamming gullible buyers, come up with a product that actually is worth something?

Thanked by 1ucxo
    1. Nobody is going to send you their name, investment amount, company name etc without you doing it first. Your user account is brand new, and your privacy is not a even a gram more important than ours.

2. You now think you can underprice the existing SEO hosts, but the only reason for that is that they're already overpriced. And maybe you'll want to be overpriced soon too, either because there won't be enough customers or because it won't generate enough income to keep you interested.

3. Don't throw around NDAs et cetera. If you're looking for startup cash like this, you can't even enforce that NDA even if someone were to bother signing it faxing it noterizing it just for some ambiguous business plan from a new user or one that would conceal their identity.

4. If the standpoint of this business plan is somehow getting the IPs for cheap or not even getting them, than there's probably a catch. And that's either going to involve misleading customers, or abusing some other service to resell the resources. Even if there's none of these, it'll probably be something that wouldn't work, or would be stopped after realized.

5. If somehow IPv4 is raining down on you and if it's somehow residential than your side-business plan for VPNs may have some selling point. The VPN market has a lot of competitors. You can get a $7 per year promo right now even with some provider. The one thing that might make you stand out with VPN services is offering real (or well forged) residential IPs, as there are services out there which require users to use VPN because of geo-restriction but actively seek out and ban/penalize users behind VPNs.

6. Could your business plan to get IPs by any chance be a combination of people pooling together and sharing with each other (swinging) their residential IPs and others using those IPs with reverse proxies? (Just came up with this one)

• JatocJatoc Member
    edited January 2015

@kerouac said:

Thanks for the input. I'll think about some things you've mentioned as I move forward.

1. As mentioned, only include it if applicable. I'm not looking for an actual number. I'm just looking for the amount of interest. I just want to know how invested in a company someone is willing to be. (whether they'd rather own a small share, co-own, etc.) No personal/private information requested here. I guess I did phrase it poorly.

2. What's wrong with being overpriced later? All that matters is that profit is possible even at a low price-point. This is a business, not a charity.

3. I'm not concealing my identity to the people who show interest. Obviously there will be more formal proceedings if we end up coming to an agreement. I'm simply not announcing it PUBLICLY.

4. No catch. It's "impossible" to be stopped with today's hosting industry.

5. Unfortunately, the IPv4 isn't "raining down" on me ;) The IPs are NOT residential, so that market plan is out of the window. That type of business is bound to fail anyways, as your IPs will eventually get caught. With my method, getting "caught" can't happen (See below to see why)

6. I wish I were good enough to write software to do something this complicated seamlessly and without affecting a user's net. My method involves reverse proxies though, so you're on-point.

• LeeLee Veteran

@Jatoc - If you have good reason for a 2nd account then you should run it by us first, not just assume. I see your main account and it does make me wonder about your belief in SEO hosting when you are so concerned about this not being associated to your main account.

• W1V_Lee said: If you have good reason for a 2nd account then you should run it by us first, not just assume. I see your main account and it does make me wonder about your belief in SEO hosting when you are so concerned about this not being associated to your main account.

Doesn't this thread kinda explain why he had reason to be concerned? >.>

Thanked by 1kerouac
  • Thanked by 1wych
This discussion has been closed.