Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Traffic Streaming Websites
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Traffic Streaming Websites

iSkyiSky Member

Hi, i am planning to build streaming website, the question is IF i stored the video on another server and post the video link (watch and buffering) on the other website hosting or vps. Which one traffic is counted ? The website hosting or the server that i store the video ?

Comments

• Thanked by 1TheKiller
  • Thanked by 14n0nx
  • did i do something wrong asking for this ?

• @iSky said:
    did i do something wrong asking for this ?

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/internet/basics/internet.htm

Enough said.

• Thanked by 10xdragon
  • Yes.

• If you embed the video only the server that stores the video bandwidth will count. Because client streams the video from that server, your website only gives a link which clients browser or flash app will use to connect to and fetch the video from. Client (Web browser/flash) will communicate with the server that has the video stored.

In short your website hosts only the link, the streaming is done between the visitor and the server that stores the video content.

Thanked by 2iSky HostAxa
  • VERY BIG THANKS TO @Vita to other, remind back when you still noob and have many question to ask..... if you are profesional right now, think back when you still noob. This thread may be closed as i already got the answered of my question

Thanked by 1Rami
  • said: Hi, i am planning to build streaming website

You clearly shouldn't. You don't know what you're doing.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

@Gunter said:

Shh, I want to see the fbi take down his site :P

• We all have to start somewhere.

To answer your question:

Only the server that has the videos hosted on it is getting traffic in this case.

A link/embed does not count towards traffic for the website linking/embedding.

Only for the website that has the videos on it.

Good luck.

Thanked by 2iSky HostAxa
  • As someone said, "If you ask a question it makes you look stupid for 5 minutes - but if you don't ask - you stay stupid for fifty years, so always ask questions in your life". So good on you @iSky :)

• @HostAxa said:
    As someone said, "If you ask a question it makes you look stupid for 5 minutes - but if >you don't ask - you stay stupid for fifty years, so always ask questions in your life". So >good on you iSky :)

Exactly, the guy is willing to learn at least, there's nothing wrong with that. @iSky hit me up with a pm if you need any help with your website.

Thanked by 1HostAxa
  • @iSky not really, this sounds like one of those kids jumping into unity3d or whatever and asking for code in the forum on how do you make a GTA5 game. If you have self awareness you would know that you don't start from the HOW TO STREAM VIDEO TRAFFIC whatever, you start learning the basics first, you should consider learning the part that comes before the video streaming first (then this question would be automatically answered for you... by you).

• vladimir said: you don't start from the HOW TO STREAM VIDEO TRAFFIC

The idiot comment, i never ASK HOW TO STREAM, i ask about the traffic. Dumb ass

• ....? What? Of course the streaming servers traffic is used if you LINK to it - That's what LINK implies...

Thanked by 1iSky
  • ValdVald Member
    edited January 2015

Well i think i was polite enough with him, maybe a bit too much.
    Just let him drown in his childish stupidity and ignorance.

• iSky said: to other, remind back when you still noob and have many question to ask.....

Oh and do know why you always gonna be treated like a noob, because you never want to do the hard work and learn something on your self, instead you just ask some stupid ass questions and annoy the others.

• vladimir said: Oh and do know why you always gonna be treated like a noob, because you never want to do the hard work and learn something on your self, instead you just ask some stupid ass questions and annoy the others.

dont mind treating as noob from you, because you are dumb and i dont need any advice from dumb people such as you

• iSky said: dont mind treating as noob from you, because you are dumb and i dont need any advice from dumb people such as you

this dumb idiot you are talking to has 4.5 years of working experience and on the opposite side all i see is an ignorant child who is just "planning to build" and "doesn't know how streaming or web server works". Watch out here comes the next youtube.

your trash talking doesn't stand, learn to walk first, then to run.

• vladimir said: this dumb idiot you are talking to has 4.5 years of working experience and on the opposite side all i see is an ignorant child who is just "planning to build" and "doesn't know how streaming or web server works". Watch out here comes the next youtube.

your trash talking doesn't stand, learn to walk first, then to run.

experienced people never talk but helping. So please shut up your proud of 4.5 year working experience. No one know and maybe no one believe it

• ValdVald Member
    edited January 2015

iSky said: experienced people never talk but helping. So please shut up your proud of 4.5 year working experience. No one know and maybe no one believe it

experienced people would give you an advice like the one you just refused, and nobody has to prove anything to a little child like you, its just pointless making any sense out of you, but you entertain me during the long hours of coding and i enjoy watching you trashing your self. Very entertaining indeed :D

• There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers, but I think your plans to set up a streaming website are extremely ambitious, judging by your question.

• 4n0nx said: There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers, but I think your plans to set up a streaming website are extremely ambitious, judging by your question.

oh no... he will call you an idiot and a dumb ass too now :(

• Issue marked as solved and thread closed - per thread starter's request.

This discussion has been closed.