Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Route all home traffic through VPN?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Route all home traffic through VPN?

VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
edited August 2012 in General

Hey guys :)

Just wondering if anybody has any solutions to route my entire home network through a VPN? I am unable to install any software on my router other than the standard firmware, which as far as my in depth look has found, does not support VPN usage.

I'm assuming I'm going to have to setup a PC to use as a router? Never done this before so not really sure where to start..

Had a look at Mikrotik and Vyatta, but not sure if these are actually what I should be looking at, or how I would even set this up.

Anybody got any ideas on how this could be achieved as easily as possible for the lowest cost possible?

Cheers

Comments

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I suggest you buy a 20 $ DD-WRT capable router. In the long run, the power a computer will draw is going to go past that and a router will also be on 24/7.
    It is possible to do it with a pc, but why bother...
    M

• BoGsBoGs Member

^ what he said, setup your cable on WAN and then you can set-up your router to auto connect and you are set.