Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

eNetSouth Cloud VMware in San Jose down
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

eNetSouth Cloud VMware in San Jose down

PinoyPinoy Member
edited October 2011 in General

All of my vmware provided by enscloud in san jose is offline. Does anyone here also have the same problem?

Edit: And yes don't bother telling me to contact them because I already did. I just want to know if I am not the only one that has my vps offline.

Comments

• My vps from san Jose has up since a week ago. VPS from Alabama came back up.

• No, you are not the only one, same here

• They're kind of known for ignoring their own customers when something bad happen, sometime I wonder why people still sign up..

Thanked by 1drmike
  • It's been down for quite a while here. Didn't bother emailing them this time because i normally get a 'service disruption' email a few minutes after they reply to me. No luck this time though, heh. I'm out though, two months in a row of hours of downtime is enough for me.

• Was wondering when they were going to die is this the beginning of the end..

• This doesn't look great for them, I'm debating staying with them, even though I don't host anything important on it, just a minecraft server that doesn't get a lot of traffic, and that I back up daily. The only thing that makes me want to stay is the fast processors, and great disk i/o

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 10.0602 s, 107 MB/s

Compared to my ChicagoVPS server:

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=16k conv=fdatasync
    16384+0 records in
    16384+0 records out
    1073741824 bytes (1.1 GB) copied, 35.3791 s, 30.3 MB/s

Granted I do run everything in a ramdisk...

• The great disk i/o may be due to the fact that conv=fdatasync does almost nothing under vmware.

• rds100 said: The great disk i/o may be due to the fact that conv=fdatasync does almost nothing under vmware.

This was actually under OpenVZ.

• Under OpenVZ it should be real :)

• tuxtux Member

I have just received one email from Brandon. He is alive!

• @tux what did he said to you?

• tuxtux Member
    edited October 2011

@Pinoy He asked 'what exactly is the issue'.

• thaidavidthaidavid Member
    edited October 2011

I do not get why all our vps' are down... why is this one is up? isnt this hosted on 8x8 too?

• thaidavidthaidavid Member
    edited October 2011

more than 24 hours now... my vps has been down.. and this is a production website... damn it!

• My VPS has been down since 10/17, but I was away on travel so I couldn't do anything about it. I am currently unable to access https://vcenter.sjc.enscloud.com/ui and I also can't ping it. Sent Brandon an email, will report back.

• Did you guys get your VPSes up? I'm not sure if I want to keep the server I have with them with this kind of service...

• Nope

• vedran said: Nope

Wow, that's ridiculous. I guess I'll cancel, I don't want to be with a company that's this unreliable. Brandon even posted on LEB yesterday, and he hasn't fixed or posted anything else... Performance was amazing on the OVZ servers too, oh well.

• It is still down on my end,

• Still down here as well, and I haven't heard anything from Brandon since I sent him an email this morning.

• Not looking good guys, not answering problems around here is a big no-no :P
    Have they even sent out a mass email to the clients affected yet?

• As far as I know, no. No communication whatsoever.

I ended up canceling the server on Sunday (or Monday .. can't recall) and logged a Paypal claim today since I haven't heard from them. My VPS was enabled when I canceled but now it's gone so obviously someone's processing the tickets/cancellation requests.

• Was enabled? What kind of VPS you had? I guess wasn't a Vmware, because that ones are down since 2 days ago.

I don't know the status of the OpenVZ ones

• yomero said: I don't know the status of the OpenVZ ones

Mine has been up, no problems.

• officially over 52 hours now.

• My VMs are down too. 4 emails and a support ticket, no reply.

• @tortau

Really? I excpected more than this from them... No updates here and no updates on WHT either. Not a good manner of approach to customer relations. Settling open, public discussions should be one of there main priorities, after they have let there own clients know that is :P

• Yep, also down for me. Don't know how long since I didn't log in for few days, but going by the start of this thread I guess 3 days!

• Sounds like you all need to get your data if and when you can and drop these guys. I can understand some downtime but this is getting ridiculous. They may not know what to tell you but even saying we are working on it is better then nothing. Brandon is usually around here and I have not seen him lately.

To me this doesn't bode well even if they get it fixed. Communication is important in this field and needs to be done quickly and concisely. Even if the message to people is we are aware of the problem and are working to get it fixed as quickly as we can.

• kiloservekiloserve Member
    edited October 2011

My EnetSouth KVM in Birmingham is still chugging along very nicely. No downtimes over here.