Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A question about Cooler Master Silencio 652S fans.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

A question about Cooler Master Silencio 652S fans.

Hello. Got me a new Cooler Master Silencio 652S cabinet. And all is working fine. But I want to see if I can lower the CPU temp some. It is not high, but still. I also have 8 3.5 HDDs + 3 SDD disk in the computer, so they are generating some heat.

Today I have Three 120mm "Silencio FP 120" fans, two in the front (blowing air in) and one in the back (blowing air out) I also have a Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm fan on the top, blowing air in right over the CPU. I have one Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm fan extra now, and I wonder if it will be best to put in so it blows air into the cabinet, or blowing out? It will be placed on the top of the cabinet, side by side with the other 120mm fan blowing air in.

Another user on another forum, sugested to move the two Silencio FP 120 fans from the front, to the top, then turn them, blowing air out.
Then place the two Cooler Master SickleFlow 120mm fans in the front, blowing air in.

What do you think. The easy way is just to install the extra fan on the top of the cabinet, but what way should it blow? in or out to lower the inside temperature of the cabinet.

Comments

• If a fan is on the top it should be blowing out, since the hot air tends to go near the top of the case. In this case the fan would suck out the hot air from the case.

• @rds100 so you recommend that both the fans on the top is blowing air out? Or can one blow air in (on the top of the CPU) and one blowing out?

• rds100rds100 Member
    edited January 2015

It's hard to imagine how everything is arranged just by your description, but generally you want to take hot air out and put cool air in. The hot air is near the top of the case, so you want to take it out.

edit: what @wych said.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Rear and Top fans out, front fans blowing in.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Hehe, good to see coolermaster providing some instruction for what they meant to happen. Properly cooling a case can be a science. :D Stick with the coolermaster diagram and rock socks.

• After fixing the fans, and change thermal paste on the CPU my idle temp is around 32 Celsius. And I have run a CPU load test, with 100% load for 10 minutes, and the max temp on the CPU was 63-64 Celsius. Is this OK on a stock air cooler on the CPU?

PS! I'm using a Intel Core i5-4690K, Socket-LGA1150, Quad Core, 3.5GHz, 6MB,88W, 22nm, HD4600, Boxed w/fan, Devil’s Canyon