Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

cPanel Shared IP to Dedicated IP, how?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

cPanel Shared IP to Dedicated IP, how?

Hi!

I have a reseller account with a provider and I really like the guy. He's a fantastic host but has really only dealt with basic shared hosting and hasn't ever had this before.

He recently had a nullroute on the shared IP and I asked if I could get a dedicated IP so that this wouldn't occur anymore.

We're having a bit of bother figuring out how to fully transfer my sites to the new dedicated IPs I have.

What exactly does he need to do to correctly transfer all sites under my account to the new IPs I have?

Thanks.

Comments

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2015

WHM > Change Account IP (or site IP, something quite similar)

https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/ALD/Change+Site's+IP+Address

• Won't work, the shared IP is basically the node IP. The other IP addresses are basically a bridge of eth0 which is the shared ip

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran
    edited January 2015

@nexmark said:
    Won't work, the shared IP is basically the node IP. The other IP addresses are basically a bridge of eth0 which is the shared ip

Depends on how it's setup. Should work fine in most common configurations. You can have one IP nulled without the others going out.

Thanked by 1cassa
  • @Jar said:
    Depends on how it's setup. Should work fine in most common configurations. You can have one IP nulled without the others going out.

Yeah, depends on the setup.

• @nexmark said:
    Yeah, depends on the setup.

I wish I could be of more help in this respect. As I'm only holding a reseller account I don't know much of the inner workings all I know is he was a bit puzzled in setting it up,

• DalCompDalComp Member
    edited January 2015

Find "Manage Reseller’s Shared IP" on WHM, use Shared IP label (as root ofc)

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited January 2015

As root, (the host administrator) will have to navigate to there on WHM as root and set select your account then on the drop down list assign a shared IPV4 separated from the normally assigned one from the node.

• This got resolved, thanks for all your help if a mod or admin could close this that'd be great.