Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows vps license needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows vps license needed

BuyAdsBuyAds Member
edited January 2015 in Help

Hello. I have installed the trial windows on my vps and after 4days will expire. Someone can post me a link where to purchase one please?

Comments

• What OS specifically?

• 2008 r2 standard

• Have you already issued the command

slmgr -rearm 

to restart the trial counter? It must be issued from an administrator shell (right click the shell on start menu and select Run as administrator). The counter can be reset a limited number of times, of course. According to the license terms, you should buy the Windows license as soon as you end your evaluation and put the server in production.

Thanked by 1ehab
  • BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited January 2015

I have used the 90 days license untill now. I dont think can be reset.

• What's your budget to purchase one? and is it standard, web or datacenter?

• @rmlhhd said:
    What's your budget to purchase one? and is it standard, web or datacenter?

I have no idea how much costs one. All i know is that for vps is cheaper.
    $3-5 month?

• @BuyAds said:
    $3-5 month?

I got a friend who may be able to help you out... contact me.

• OnraHostOnraHost Member
    edited January 2015

I was looking around for the same thing and could only find SLPA agreements for 7+ or more at a time. If you find something let me know :)

• Please note, id like a legal license.

• You cannot rent a Windows License for an external server, SPLA forbidds that.

• MSPNickMSPNick Member
    edited January 2015

might of been stupid

thought, if you are interested just shout.

• BuyAds said: I have used the 90 days license untill now. I dont think can be reset.

Any edition of Windows Server 2008 may be installed without activation, and it may be evaluated for 60 days. Additionally, the 60-day evaluation period may be reset (re-armed) three times. This action extends the original 60-day evaluation period by up to 180 days for a total possible evaluation time of 240 days.

source: http://support2.microsoft.com/kb/948472/en-us

• Lol great! Will try it! Thank you Sir.

• I can provide a license for windows 2008/2012, $5. Pm me. You will receive the license first, after some days, only when you are satisfied, you have to pay :)