Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

DollarVZ - Coming Soon - Page 2
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

DollarVZ - Coming Soon

Comments

• @0xdragon said:
    You do know how much IPv4 can cost, right?

Read up. WSI/DS have 5IPs for free :P

• @Nekki said:
    Still doesn't explain the ludicrous price.

Its going to be NAT based however
    Group A, Shared IPV4
    Group B, Shared IPV4
    Group C, Shared IPV4

Basically each user in a group is able to swap their shared ip.

What was sold to tom was basically indeed a space filler, there is more if anyone wants some

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • @0xdragon said:
    How much are these atoms?

This.

@TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    Read up. WSI/DS have 5IPs for free :P

"free".

• @wych said:
    "free".

"included with server"

• nexmark said: Its going to be NAT based however Group A, Shared IPV4 Group B, Shared IPV4 Group C, Shared IPV4

So slightly less insane then, but still, is it worth the aggro for a buck a year? Why not try to join the LES project, which on the face of it appears sustainable.

• @TinyTunnel_Tom said:
    "included with server"

I think your missing the point. Anyways best of luck with the venture @nexmark.

• @Nekki said:
    So slightly less insane then, but still, is it worth the aggro for a buck a year? Why not try to join the LES project, which on the face of it appears sustainable.

Because @AnthonySmith is no where to be seen. I know a few people on skype waiting to contact him. I myself need to contact him

• @TinyTunnel_Tom he is a busy man ;)

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Because @AnthonySmith is no where to be seen. I know a few people on skype waiting to contact him. I myself need to contact him

From his last post, he's got some personal stuff.

Why do you keep replying on behalf of @nexmark?

• @Nekki said:
    Why do you keep replying on behalf of nexmark?

Why not? I just have one of his new services

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • : ) best wishes for success to you NexHost

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • TinyTunnel_Tom said: Why not? I just have one of his new services

Because you don't actually know the whys and wherefores behind the decisions.

You've just claimed he's not made this part of LES because he can't contact Anthony, how does being a customer for qualify you to answer that question?

Besides, I'd like the provider himself to answer the question I asked him, if you don't mind.

Thanked by 1Infinity
  • @Nekki said:

Yes, I'll see if I can contact the administration there. If not DollarVZ will still be fine.

• @Nekki said:
    Besides, I'd like the provider himself to answer the question I asked him, if you don't mind.

Don't like me, leave nothing stopping you :) I know somethings from my experience with him/my service. I haven't said that my answers are stone cold rock.

• BuyAdsBuyAds Member
    edited January 2015

Can someone please explain wheres the win here? I mean he need to pay only for solusvm or virtualizor 100$+ dollars year. Lats say the server will cost $40 month thats $480 year. Ips not calculated. I really cant understand this price dumping.

Thanked by 2Nekki firebet
  • Exactly where I was coming from. Especially with a precedent for plans like this coming in at just over $3 a year (and selling well enough to regularly sell out) why try and do it for around a third of the price?

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

BuyAds said: Can someone please explain wheres the win here? I mean he need to pay only for solusvm or virtualizor 100$+ dollars year. Lats say the server will cost $40 month thats $480 year. Ips not calculated. I really cant understand this price dumping.

The sales price is low but he makes it up on volume :-)

• @raindog308 said:

580 servers on one Intel Atom. You must have been smoking something bad. And thats just to break even

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

TinyTunnel_Tom said: 580 servers on one Intel Atom. You must have been smoking something bad. And thats just to break even

mtwiscool's 32mb club was planning to put 500 on one server...but at least it was an i5.

• Why would he say

said: Will it be NAT, Will it be Dedicated? Find out on the unveil

if it wasn't dedicated?

Maybe it will be a 64MB RAM VPS on a 32GB RAM server (=512 VPS's), double oversold (=1024 VPS's). Or 32MB RAM...

• @raindog308 said:

But thats mtwiscool

• nexmarknexmark Member
    edited January 2015

A beta test period will be available today - tomorrow, will let you all know when testing period is open to the public.

The beta test period will last 15 days

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

TinyTunnel_Tom said: Because @AnthonySmith is no where to be seen. I know a few people on skype waiting to contact him. I myself need to contact him

He might be busy, but the stuff is up and running as always and he's active on the LES forum from time to time too.

@nexmark try sending him an email.

Thanked by 1yomero
  • If you send someone a dollar via PayPal, doesn't PayPal eat up like 30 cents?

• @Stacy

well, he has already said it would be more like $1.30

in which i sell a plan for ~$1.60 (€ 1.50)

which what reaches my paypal is approximately $1.20 (€ 1.10)

• We're chopping the launch time to a couple hours now.

DDoS Protected NAT OpenVZ here we go!

• NAT for that price is not really special....

• @William said:
    NAT for that price is not really special....

Why no IPv6 too :(

• @William said:
    NAT for that price is not really special....

There's something special, even unbelievable delivering...

Thanked by 1nexmark
  • IP Test Dude :) can i know detail antiddos enterpress