Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hetzner's 64GB RAM server
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Hetzner's 64GB RAM server

adygadyg Member
edited August 2012 in General

This seems incredibly cheap. Has anyone gave this offer a shot http://www.hetzner.de/en/hosting/produkte_rootserver/ex10 ?

Comments

• It is hetzner, they aren't bad. Just the setup fee is the real killer.

• HalfEatenPieHalfEatenPie Veteran
    edited August 2012

Hetzner is a moderately cheap and reliable provider in Europe. They're pretty similar to OVH anyways.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

I think OVH has better BW overall. That was true 2 years or so ago when I checked both.
    M

• @Maounique said: I think OVH has better BW overall. That was true 2 years or so ago when I checked both.

M

Hm, I'd have to get a Hetzner server in order to test that theory out.

Currently OVH's Canada Bandwidth is... interesting. Routing to Google is weird and takes 80 ms to ping.

France OVH Bandwidth is pretty solid but again some of the routing is kind of odd for me (but hey, cheap servers).

• OVH has a way better network now, yeah.

• Ovh has way more torrents/p2p in the dc which might attract more ddos. Never had a problem with Hetzner.

• flyfly Member

I feel like hetzner takes abuse much more seriously than ovh.

• This is a real killer

"1 Gbit connected
    at 100 Mbit"

So it's only 100Mbps :(

• flyfly Member

introducing new vps host in germany....

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited August 2012

Hetzner accepted Tor Exit nodes for many months and it sent abuse to me. In both cases I replied and sent them a copy, everything was cool.
    I highly recomend them for that, however, BW was not the best quality, with big fluctuations, while in OVH that didnt happen.
    I cancelled because i couldnt use the bw to full, not because Tor wasnt allowed or I was kicked for abuse complaints.
    That was more than 2 years ago, i think, things could have changed.
    M

• AlexBarakovAlexBarakov Patron Provider, Veteran

I am not really sure that OVH's network is better than Hetzner, atleast wasnt 1-2 years ago when I used the both providers. OVH does have a shit load of local peering, though.

• OliverOliver Member, Host Rep

I had one of the EX series with ECC RAM and had no problems. It said it was on a 100mbit link but mine was connected at a full gbit and could pull 90MB/s down in speed tests.

I currently have one of the storage ones (XS 13) but have just had some issues with drives... I'm still in the middle of recovery but they connected up a IP console thing for me and have been very fast in support responses. The whole interface for management is very good as well.

Only downside I see with their dedicated offers is most don't have ECC RAM.

Also to get lots of extra features you need to pay another 15 euro a month for the Flexi Pack thing.