Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alienvps.com down?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Alienvps.com down?

xethostxethost Member, Patron Provider

Hi,

Alienvps.com website down, DNS query for alienvps.com failed: TimedOut and my VPS is down ~24 hours ago.
Anyone know anything about them?

Comments

• They're aliens. That's all what we know.

Thanked by 1ATHK
  • From what I heard from numerous individuals, Alienvps is a horribly unreliable company and an extended downtime is not unusual.

• DalekOfSkaro said: From what I heard from numerous individuals, Alienvps is a horribly unreliable company and an extended downtime is not unusual.

Can't deny this, it always goes offline, online uncontrollably and it almost vanishes completely then comes back but their support was the slowest I've ever seen from my memory, I think it took 2 weeks to answer a ticket.

• xethostxethost Member, Patron Provider

I know.
    And never answer tickets...

• Alienvps.com
    website down, Tip: Can not connect to server

• Alienvps ..................... used to be cheap, used to be good but long long time ago.

• Finally? Or will they spring up again.

• HyperSpeed said: I think it took 2 weeks to answer a ticket.

At some point we had an "Enterprise" ticket open with Comodo that got neglected for 3~4 months then was deleted :) This is when they lost our business forever.

• Looks like the IP for their site isn't responding. Maybe they shut down?

• So the owner finally give up???

• xethostxethost Member, Patron Provider

My VPS is up now.

• 90k revenue per year and 120k lost per year and he is asking for 130k :)

• Everyone is having such a hard time with AlienVPS. If it wasn't for the thousand other providers here that offer OVZ VMs, we'd gladly spin up a couple of OVZ Hypervisors to help people move. Oh well... I doubt anyone would be interested :)

• Update: as of 2 minutes ago, http://alienvps.com went down for me...

• Aliens went to Mars.

• You could give them a call. Their parent company (webRulon, LLC) lists a telephone number in google.

• irmirm Member

One of the first VPS providers I ever tried and they were fucking terrible... Good riddance.

• HassanHassan Member, Patron Provider

Heard a lot about their unreliability and the owners complete disregard for security.