Market Research: Plug & Play Router VPN - Any interest?
So I'm working alongside a company at the moment who have plans to bring a plug & play device to market. The process is fairly simple:
- Plug a small, low power device into a power outlet
- Plug an ethernet cable from your exiting modem/router into this device
- Run through some initial setup instructions
- Devices can connect either wirelessly (using a separate SSID) or via ethernet, and all data will go through a VPN
The devices are likely to be running OpenWRT, and from what I hear, the company putting this together plan to be very open about how they operate - releasing their software for use with anybody who'd rather use it on their own router devices.
Please let me know if this is something you'd be interested in, or any constructive comments about such a system. A test stage is planned, which shall hopefully allow any creases to be ironed out.
I do not know as of yet what sort of pricing they're looking at for this device, however I'm under the impression it'll be fairly affordable.
NOTE: This is not related to VPN.sh. Mods, if this needs to be in offtopic/providers etc., feel free to move it.
- Would you be interested in a plug & play VPN router device?78 votes
- Yes, definitely  6.41%
- Yes, so long as it's not too expensive46.15%
- I'd be interested in the software to use on my own device  7.69%
- No, I'm not interested39.74%