Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PayPal Exchange Rates?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

PayPal Exchange Rates?

BrandonBrandon Member
edited August 2012 in General

Do they anger you? Isn't it ridiculous how much they charge?

At my local bank the rate is $1 = $0.9816 vs. $1 = $0.9712

Thoughts?

Comments

• AsadAsad Member
    edited August 2012

EVERYTHING about PayPal angers me.

Thanked by 1eastonch
  • yeah, its very epic.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited August 2012

@Brandon said: At my local bank the rate is $1 = $0.9816 vs. $1 = 0.9712

These numbers are near identical? Whats the point here?

And as to what exchange are you talking about?

• @HC_Ro said: @Brandon said: At my local bank the rate is $1 = $0.9816 vs. $1 = 0.9712

These numbers are near identical? Whats the point here?

Well the rates for any exchange is pretty much the same rate (high as hell)

• @HC_Ro said: These numbers are near identical? Whats the point here?

In this case every penny counts. When you're converting tens of thousands of dollars this all adds up.

• TazTaz Member

the difference is less then a penny. Unless your doing billions of dollars, you wont even notice any difference. But then again, If you are doing billions, you wont even care about it.

But ya paypal sucks. I myself, personally wouldn't even touch that place unless that is my last option.

• TazTaz Member

@Brandon if you are doing tens nd thousands with paypal, they would probably make a deal with you or you can literally demand for a better pricing.

• HC_RoHC_Ro Member
    edited August 2012

@Randy said: Well the rates for any exchange is pretty much the same rate (high as hell)

..... This makes no sense.

The exchange rate fluctuates all the time, so simply going to the bank, asking the rate and then going to PayPal a little later is not scientific. It is also the fact that their may be slightly different practices where one may honor the opening rate for the full day.

OP actually posted a lower number for PayPal than the banks number.. so are you saying your bank has ridiculous rates?

The difference posted is 0.0104 I am sure this really hurts with a transaction in the tens of thousands =)

• BrandonBrandon Member
    edited August 2012

@HC_Ro said: OP actually posted a lower number for PayPal than the banks number.. so are you saying your bank has ridiculous rates?

The bank offers a little more than a cent for every 1USD to 1CAD. Resulting in more CAD in the end.

• "We receive a wholesale rate quote from our bank twice a day and add 2.5% to determine the retail foreign exchange rate to apply to transactions that involve a currency conversion. "

• For me every penny counts as @Brandon says.
    Is my money u_u

• What we need is one world currency.

Thanked by 2yomero Brandon
  • TazTaz Member

@NickM said: What we need is one world currency.

Or as taipres would say "Bitcoin"

• Yea, their exchange rate is somehow always different to my local currency changer or XE. Last time the AUD was little bit higher than USD, but Paypal exchange rate showed it as lower and made me use my card instead of balance. :(

• @NickM said: What we need is one world currency.

Yes.

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

@Brandon said: @NickM said: What we need is one world currency.

We have it. Gold.
    M

Thanked by 1bamn
  • bamnbamn Member

One world currency? I got a wheelbarrow full of Euros and I think my room needs wallpapering

• It's worse for people with awkward currencies, like the British.

When I'm buying stuff online, I'd say 90% of the transactions I make are in EUR or USD, meaning I have to convert (with a crappy rate) from GBP all the time. :(

Thanked by 1bamn
  • MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

So GBP is awkward...
    What about ROL (romanian currency).
    Even when I buy in Romania people use Euro as a reference to calculate in ROL final price :)
    M

• @AsadHaider said: EVERYTHING about PayPal angers me.

>

THIS!

• Two cents on the dollar? That's it?

• Paypal has to make money somewhere...

• 1 world currency would probably drive us into extreme financial crisis.

@Corey said: Paypal has to make money somewhere...

Todays society thinks they deserve this for nothing.