Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard vs EssentialSSL Wildcard - Whats different?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Comodo PositiveSSL Wildcard vs EssentialSSL Wildcard - Whats different?

wychwych Member
edited January 2015 in General

Pretty much as the title says...

Only thing I can see is that the Essential seems to support 2,048 bit, Free Registration in IdAuthority and can be issued slightly faster?

POSITIVE SSL CERTIFICATES

Positive SSL Certificates are one the most cost effective SSL Certificate available today. Issued within 10 minutes, Positive SSL Certificates provide a quick cost effective solution to secure your customer transactions. More importantly, your customers are assured that it is safe to do business with you because sensitive information is encrypted and remains private.

• Domain validated certificate
  • 1024 bit Industry Standard SSL Certificate
  • Unlimited Re-Issuance Policy
  • 99.3% Browser Compatibility
  • 128/256 bit encryption
  • 30 day Refund Policy
  • $10,000 relying party warranty

ESSENTIAL SSL CERTIFICATE

Essential SSL provides domain validation but does not authenticate the business behind the online business. Essential SSL Certificates come with a golden padlock and 99.3% browser trust, and are ideal for non-ecommerce sites that require encryption. With Essential SSL certificates, in minutes you can have a high level of security with the golden padlock that your customers will look for to verify that your site is secure.

• Domain validated
  • 2048 bit Industry Standard SSL Certificate
  • Immediate “No Hassle” SSL certificate issuance 24/7
  • Automated validation – no paperwork
  • FREE site seal
  • Risk free 30 day refund policy
  • Unlimited Re-Issuance Policy
  • Free Registration in IdAuthority
  • Trusted by all popular browsers with 99.3% Ubiquity
  • $10,000 relying party warranty

Comments

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran
    edited January 2015

This all is such irrelevant crap.

What matters is:
    1) price
    2) the cert has to be SHA2 itself, and also not have SHA1 certs anywhere in the signing chain (so you don't get that yellow warning lock icon on Chrome).

Also 1024 bit is already considered way too low, should demand 2048 bit or more.

Thanked by 1Nekki
  • Mahfuz_SS_EHLMahfuz_SS_EHL Host Rep, Veteran

I don't know what are you talking about? But, My PositiveSSL's are 2048 Bit :)

• rm_ said: 2) the cert has to be SHA2, and not SHA1 certs anywhere in the signing chain (so you don't get that yellow warning lock icon on Chrome).

The "AddTrust External CA Root" is usually SHA1, but that's OK.

• I have quite a few PositiveSSL certs, they do use SHA1 for the "AddTrust External CA Root" as @rds100 pointed out, but SHA2 across the rest and am using 2048 bit.

I'm getting green locks across every popular browser + OS tested so far. As well as an A score on SSLLabs tester (after I pair down ciphers + protocols in nginx). They serve their purpose and work great for only a few bucks.

• Root certificates are not affected by the SHA1 things.

• Just thought I must have been missing something obvious.

My current certs are all 2,048 bit.

Ill go back to comparing on price...

• rm_ said: This all is such irrelevant crap.

Have I told you that I love you lately?

Thanked by 2rm_ wych
  • The only difference is "cipher algorithm"... The essential has more versatile than positive...

• @spidervenom said:
    The only difference is "cipher algorithm"... The essential has more versatile than positive...

But both "AddTrust External CA Root" is usually SHA1 ?

• @wych said:
    But both "AddTrust External CA Root" is usually SHA1 ?

That's is true but At the second upto last was high (384bit)