Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How much would cost to own an IP block?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How much would cost to own an IP block?

VitaVita Member

Hi,

I'm curious, not going to buy now to be clear. How much would an IPv4 block /24 cost from RIPE LIR? When I say to own, I mean to be able to move the IPs to another provider if needed.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• @Vita said:
    Hi,

I'm curious, not going to buy now to be clear. How much would an IPv4 block /24 cost from RIPE LIR? When I say to own, I mean to be able to move the IPs to another provider if needed.

Thanks in advance!

You won't get a /24 but you will get a /22 if you become an LIR...

Cost is about £1600 + vat plus £1600 a year membership

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • Buying a /24 PI costs you 10-15EUR/IP. Renting a /24 costs you from 100EUR yearly to 250EUR monthly.

• aglodekaglodek Member
    edited January 2015

@MSPNick: does it have to be an European registered company/organization to become a RIPE member? Or can a US or other company apply (for membership and IPs for use in Europe)?

• Anyone can become a RIPE member, even if they are under EU sanctions (Iran).

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @William said: Anyone can become a RIPE member, even if they are under EU sanctions (Iran).

And does it follow that anyone can apply for RIPE issued IP blocks?

• Yes, everyone.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • Am I reading ARIN's fee schedule right? They charge only $500 for the smallest /22 allocation - way less than RIPE?

• VitaVita Member
    edited January 2015

Maybe it's beacuse ARIN has more unallocated IP space available than RIPE. RIPE is allocating their last /8 block, as far as I know.
    http://www.ripe.net/internet-coordination/ipv4-exhaustion

• @aglodek: Yes, you are reading it correctly. However, ARIN won't assign you a /22 unless you already have a /22 or larger utilized at 100% and properly justified

@Vita: ARIN is allocating from it's last /8 as well. It's just that they are far more reasonable than RIPE when it comes to fees.

Thanked by 1aglodek
  • @William said:
    Buying a /24 PI costs you 10-15EUR/IP. Renting a /24 costs you from 100EUR yearly to 250EUR monthly.

Do you mean that for 100 EUR per year I can rent /24 block, and move it from provider to provider if I need to? 100 EUR seems to me too low for that much IPs.

• Correct, i don't pay more than 100EUR per /24. You won't get that deal.

• @William said:
    Correct, i don't pay more than 100EUR per /24. You won't get that deal.

Thanks for clearing that out for me.

Best Regards!