Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Budget Range: Windows VPS 1GB for £5
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Budget Range: Windows VPS 1GB for £5

pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
edited January 2015 in Offers

We have a new offer specifically designed for the low end market,

£5 ($7 for LET members)
Windows Server 2012R2
1vCPU (AMD 4386)
1GB RAM
50GB HybridHDD
Dedicated IP
Shared 1Gbit connection (shared with upto 32 users, subject to fair use)
https://secure.bigvps.io/cart.php?a=add&pid=16

We currently manually process orders, but are working on automation and a VM control panel. We aim to answer tickets within 12hrs

Comments

• Read the rules

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

As per LET rules, this server is available for $7. Please add a note to your order and I will convert your price to match the exchange rate.

• would it not be better making it dual core? those AMD's offer crap single core performance.

• pbgben said: As per LET rules, this server is available for $7. Please add a note to your order and I will convert your price to match the exchange rate.

he means this

£5 at current exchange rate is $7.57

@TarZZ92 said:
    would it not be better making it dual core? those AMD's offer crap single core performance.

It would help, But to keep the costs low for LET members we had to reduce the specification. We will combine the resources if you buy multiple of these and request it.

@TarZZ92 said:
    he means this

£5 at current exchange rate is $7.57

Close, I meant the other way round, we will reduce the GBP to meet the $7 limit. Sorry for being confusing.

USE: LET50OFFBR to get the $7 pricing.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • Hi,
    How do I get the $7 equivalent price?
    If I put the code in it still shows as £5
    Cheers
    Dan

@alaningus said:
    Hi,
    How do I get the $7 equivalent price?
    If I put the code in it still shows as £5
    Cheers
    Dan

Its a manual process. I will set the price to £4.62 for you.

• Sorry if I'm being thick, but if I go through the order process it takes me to Paypal who will charge me £5. Do you then credit me the difference?

Does the order page say 4.62 or 5?

• @pbgben said:
    Does the order page say 4.62 or 5?

It says £5

@alaningus said:

Thats odd, try this link for me https://secure.bigvps.io/viewinvoice.php?id=13 and hit F5 a couple of times perhaps.

• @pbgben said:
    Thats odd, try this link for me https://secure.bigvps.io/viewinvoice.php?id=13 and hit F5 a couple of times perhaps.

Yeah - that's showing the correct price - thanks

Before I go ahead, how long is the manual setup taking and when do you think the control panel will be ready (and is there a way of rebooting without the panel?)

We don't currently have a panel on our budget range, Our systems detect a shutdown server and turn them back on, they also attempt to detect a crashed server and reboot.

You can send us a ticket and we will reboot asap (Usually within 6hrs) We are looking at alternative options for a panel and will let you know when we get one. We tend to post our progress on the blog.

Thanked by 1alaningus
  • Anybody else got one of these?

Mine's been down for > 9 hours and can't get any response from support.

@alaningus said:
    Anybody else got one of these?

Mine's been down for > 9 hours and can't get any response from support.

We apologize for the downtime, please note that our support is within 24hrs.
    We are looking into the cause for this loss of connection. The server is still operational.

@pbgben said:
    We are looking into the cause for this loss of connection. The server is still operational.

Issue resolved.

• @pbgben server down again?

@nadz said:
    pbgben server down again?

We're currently battling an issue with the network interface on the server.

@pbgben said:
    We're currently battling an issue with the network interface on the server.

Network Issue resolved, however your VM is getting stuck booting up. I will investigate further.