Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any information about hostsolutions.ro
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Any information about hostsolutions.ro

immyimmy Member
edited July 2015 in Reviews

Dear All,
Does anyone has an account with hostsolutions.ro or @cociu. What is the repo and what level of service does he provide.
Thanks

Comments

• yes we do several setings , we come back in a few minutes , thanks for understanding

• I did not ask about any settings @cociu. I am asking "others" about your service. :)

• godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

No experience with them but from what i can see they use cloudflare on the website so maybe ask for a test IP ?

• @immy said:
    Dear All,
    Does anyone has an account with hostsolutions.ro or cociu. What is the repo and what level of service does he provide.
    Thanks

http://www.hostsolutions.ro/about/clienti-hostsolutions/ - Lorem Ipsum passages...
    +
    http://i59.tinypic.com/21blvup.png

Is your decision if you want to chose this provider.

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2015

@AndreiGhesi if for you the age of 1 dommain is most important go away , we are owner of www.freeftp.ro what about 2008 ??? is not realistic the age .. but no comment

• and yes we are pretty new in this bussines that does not mean we are not interested that our customers are satisfied with the services provided

• AndreiGhesi said: http://www.hostsolutions.ro/about/clienti-hostsolutions/ - Lorem Ipsum passages... + http://i59.tinypic.com/21blvup.png

Is your decision if you want to chose this provider.

What's wrong with that? It perfectly fit with the rest of the page in romanian :P

• pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

@AndreiGhesi said:

Everything has a starting point, the fact that they are new is no indication of ability to provide services.

You joined these forums in April 2014, So can I assume you know nothing about the industry to make comments? No I cant, because I don't know anything about you.

As for the placeholder text, this is understandable for such a new company, but he really should update it now its been identified. We all make mistakes, those the don't understand that this is human nature are simply idiots.

• EVERYONE here has been new at some point in time.

Actually that might be positive for customers. Because having invested in the infrastructure needed for a VPS business, a company almost certainly doesn't want to piss off their first customers.

So, wait and see ...

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran
    edited January 2015

GuanYu said: fit with the rest of the page in romanian

Well, Latin can be understood by romanians to a point without having a clue of Latin per se. Romanian is perhaps the closest to Latin of all the descendants spoken by tens of millions (not counting romansch as well as various isolated dialects in Italy).

• vldvld Member
    edited January 2015

@cociu ANPC link, company/CIF/nr.reg info? As required by our law, they should be on the website.
    Nvm, but PARFUMURI FEMEI.COM SRL really? Going from the perfume business to hosting ;o

• @vld what is your problem ? you thinck a datacenter is constructed with a name of company ??? what is most important for you the services or the name of your company hosting ?

• @cociu if you keep being this aggressive towards people, you're going to offend someone. I'd heavily advise against it.

Thanked by 1vimalware
  • @cociu said:
    vld what is your problem ? you thinck a datacenter is constructed with a name of company ??? what is most important for you the services or the name of your company hosting ?

well technically name of a company is more important than the services they provide ... good services provide good name (reputation). i recommend you learn some proper communication skills before wanting to expand international business.

• Then I`m selling all my domains :))

• Yeah, hunt him down! He doesn't speak perfect english, his company has a funny name and, yuck, he seems to have worked in another business than ours. And then, that country, Roma-something. Ain't near texas, that's for sure! Maybe in India or Africa or som'in.

And how unbelievable! On top of everything that guy doesn't take the feces thrown at him and his business lightly and with a friendly smile. In-cre-di-ble!

Maybe that perfume thing is an old family business and he doesn't want to throw away its well established name? Maybe he didn't grow up with English and learned it in evening classes (besides running a business)?

Last time I looked, hosters were judged by their products, services, connectivity, support, price, etc. And that's what we should stick to.

• @bsdguy said:
    Yeah, hunt him down! He doesn't speak perfect english, his company has a funny name and, yuck, he seems to have worked in another business than ours. And then, that country, Roma-something. Ain't near texas, that's for sure! Maybe in India or Africa or som'in.

[clip]

I haven't participated on this thread and not talking about this particular person (and I have absolutely nothing against him) but focusing about what you've just said... man, if your intention is to have an international business you have to pay attention to those little details like your company's name (so it doesn't look fishy for example), how well you speak the most likely language you'll use to communicate with customers or the communication style itself, among a lot of other stuff not mentioned here.

• Sure, outime.
    But then, things tend to grow organically. Meaning, when the business begins to bear fruits, you can reasonably afford to employ a (possibly native) english speaker.

As for the name, oh well, yeah, that's not particularly great but there are damn enough people on the internet who care more for price or speed or ... After all, "goDaddy" is an almost ridiculously imbecile name and yet they grew damn big. I guess because their "package" (product, service, price, ...) was well designed.

My major trigger point was the unreflected "hitting on someone is always fun and usually free" mentality. Those guys are trying to build up something. We must not lovingly support them, but we mustn't mindlessly hit on them either. Let'em do their thing and see what they come up with.

Thanked by 1Maounique

@bsdguy Thanks for making this point again. I was about to think there are no more decent users here.
    But, to be honest, it is kinda weird. Knowing most perfumes sold by small companies here are fakes, it looks even more dodgy.
    The truth is most people do not have the time to tie up all the loose ends of the website, register and maintain a different company for a different business (bureaucracy is big and every company has a chance of being visited by the authorities in order to find something wrong to impose fines).
    If you do expand internationally in a business where another language is spoken, you must be able to speak it at least at the average level of your customers.
    Overall I think Romania has good connectivity and can be a good choice for hosting due to rather liberal laws (data retention has been twice rejected by the constitutional court, for example) and no-nonsense police which tends to be way better educated in IT matters than the Italian police and judiciary for example (at least from what I hear).
    But the business manners are still "under construction", the small family businesses are still run at the dog eat dog survival level following the "lesson" turks and arabs gave us (the "investors" after 1989 were these guys often with 100$ capital exploited the poor and inexperienced population for years and this gave the lasting impression that this is how business should be conducted).
    In short, you must be of certain type to be able to put up with the daily pressure from customers, authorities, employees, ever changing laws and regulations and this means that you cannot supervise and do everything and you are tougher (even rude) than the majority of people.
    You can be nice and knowledgeable, but that is not the norm, yet, unfortunately.

• Sure, @Maounique,

perfume something isn't the ideal name. Any yes, after being part of the Sowjet empire for many decades, and after getting plundered by westerners, and having no long and well established (western or global style) business and corporate culture to build on, starting an internet business in Romania is probably quite different from one, say, in Germany.

But there is a reason I'm interested (and quite probably will at least test them for a month), which may be unknown to non-Europeans. There's millions of Turks in western Europe (mainly Germany I guess) and I happen to have a client who collaborates very tightly with turkish companies - but, alas, the internet connection is often a pain in the a--.

From what I see, Romania is pretty well connected and geographically well located. So, for many it's definitely worth a closer look.

And, you know, that global argument might as well be turned around, i.e. one might reasonably demand that the customer, too, does his best to contribute to communication. I took, for example, a VPS with vStoike and was damn grateful that they have english speaking people. Because, frankly, I'm lacking in Russian.
    I'm also somewhat pi--ed because, maybe unknowingly and without evil intention, many westerner, particularly us-americans, have that arrogant attitude to consider their language kind of first class and those other languages kind of 3rd. class unimportant. So, not knowing Romanian or Russian or Portuguese is no problem, they are third class tree-dwellers anyway ... but not speaking english well, oh no, what a blasphemy! How dares cociu to run or work at a business without speaking english well?!11!

I'll buy a friendly, supportive Romanians or Russians or whatever VPS with good connectivity and performance at an attractive price any day over an unsupportive spammers usa VPS with so-so performance and (for me in Europe) lousy connectivity. Btw. Would any us-american or brit or ozzie bad feeling for not speaking my, the customers language? I don't hold my breath ...

Thanked by 1nadz
  • @bsdguy if you need a VPS with good connection to Turkey it would be best to get one in Germany. Or in Turkey.

Yep, geography does not always make sense, first look where the target audience mostly peers and you will be surprised.
    In Europe, Germany is the backbone and some secondary locations in the Scandinavian and Austrian locations, but it is just a general idea, in particular routes can be very convoluted, for middle-east, for example, Italy is good.

• cociucociu Member
    edited January 2015

@0xdragon i am not agressive , with my little english i tray to write correctly . But i am asking in my mind this : anyone with complain of my name of my company has in his life a legal company ??? pay taxes , employers etc etc (the people of rumanian know what is the taxes here (finnaly 40% go for gouvern) , all from here need cheap price no ? and good quality .... etc etc , what is the sense to build another company only for name ??? can i sell cheap services with good qualitys if i build another company ??? I THINK NO !!! for me is most important invert this money in other products like -- ram , speed, etc etc aniway dont molest me the comments about my company name when this company was creeated , was created for sell perfumes and cosmetics .

Second : I know minimum 10 person of LET who sell services without any company and no legal forms , only buy a server to another company he virtualize this server and finnaly he go sell you the cheap vps . This guys is most fiabble ??? Today is here selling and tomorrow you dont find him. This guys is most fiable ???? most secure ??? best name ??? (how this persons will answer in front of the law if you have found them ???)

And yes we are new in the Industry and I'm not ashamed to admit yet as long as I do not think you have heard someone that is unhappy with our services, as long as we dedicate 24 hours a day to business, yes somtime we have problems but here i am to rezolv the problems of my users.

PS I dont speack verry good english but of this persons who acuse me of my bad englis i send a question : how many lengueage knows ??? I am Speack and Read perfectly Spanish , Hungarian, and little Italian and what you see i am tray to remember englis . Romanian native shure.

Aniway is the last comment what i do in this thread so not molest to respond me .

best example what about we talking here is this "good name for a hosting provider " please chack this tread : http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/41619/alienvps-com-down#latest

he heve almost the requerements of some users of let need :

Registrar ENOM, INC.
    Registrar Status clientTransferProhibited

Dates Created on 2010-07-12 - Expires on 2015-07-12 - Updated on 2012-11-17

domain name is from 2010 so for some users of let this meen "QUALITY"
    Good Name of company wich is the same "QUALITY"

Have a nice day for all !!

• MKDMKD Member

I dont think its trusty if you do not fix your site. Its too kiddy.

• immyimmy Member

@cociu hostsolutions.ro seems to be down ?

• cociucociu Member

Hello @Immy we have problem with a processor of our firewall , in 10 min will be all up. Sorry for the issue

• @cociu said:
    Hello Immy we have problem with a processor of our firewall , in 10 min will be all up. Sorry for the issue

Glad to hear. I came here to check for some update on same.

Was trying to access c.panel to troubleshoot my downed KVM (have ticketed on this yesterday) Maybe they're on same affected hardware.

It was alarming to see your site disappear right after you ran a 'get 50% extra credits' promotion(now expired?).

Murphy's Law at work I guess. :)

• cociucociu Member

@vimalware lol , i promiss i dont disapeear in the next few years :)

• cociucociu Member

Now 95 % of the vps is up ! so will take a little more to be all ok

• @cociu said:
    Now 95 % of the vps is up ! so will take a little more to be all ok

Yup, looks like firewall is letting my mosh session resume from where it left off.

No actual KVM downtime. Just a network blip.