Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anyone tried the Froxlor control panel?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Anyone tried the Froxlor control panel?

Hi,

Did any of you tried this control panel yet? im considering it but first i'd like to know how it runs for others. it looks great so far.

http://www.froxlor.org

Thanks!

Comments

• larslars Member
    edited January 2015

I've used it on a server for about a year. It's alright, but I think VestaCP and other well known alternatives are better. The project went dead for a few months a while back (sites went down and such), so I wouldn't consider it as a stable project. Also, for a control panel it really isn't very automatic and I had to set up a lot of things by myself which defeats the purpose of having a CP.

However, a lot of improvements could have been made in the previous months.

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • @lars said:
    I've used it on a server for about a year. It's alright, but I think VestaCP and other well known alternatives are better. The project went dead for a few months a while back (sites went down and such), so I wouldn't consider it as a stable project. Also, for a control panel it really isn't very automatic and I had to set up a lot of things by myself which defeats the purpose of having a CP.

However, a lot of improvements could have been made in the previous months.

Actually not to many, still the same only some changes on front end and bugs.

• I've got to admit, it does look nice..

• I've used it before on a personal level, and really enjoyed it. It's well-written and polished, and is pretty frequently updated. Check out their git repo for proof. The one thing I had issues with is users being able to add their own domains. That didn't seem to be supported. Subdomains were no problem, though.

• it is a fork of a older control panel named syscp which has been around from 2003, so it's at least not short on history ;-)
    I can't say much about actual release and state of development, but depending on what one intends to use this for, it should work very well, at least syscp did that some years ago ;-)