Free Chinese 2 year SSL certificate: DV KuaiSSL by WoSign.com
this is already discussed in the thread "Who are the best free SSL providers?" but since the topic is misleading (many won't read it) and this is huge news in my opinion I'd like to point it out in this separate thread: The Chinese CA WoSign provides free domain validated SSL certificates. Unlike StartSSL these are valid for 2 years and it is possible to include up to 100 domains in one certificate (SAN). Some information in English is available here: https://www.wosign.com/english/DV_KuaiSSL.htm
As of today the order process is only available in Chinese. But using Google Chrome and the translate feature it should be quite easy:
- first register your account at https://login.wosign.com/reg.html. Confirm your email address with the link in the email they send to you. Download the SSL client certificate (just like during the StartSSL registration) and import it into your browser.
- visit https://buy.wosign.com/DVSSL.html and add the SSL certificate in your shopping cart. Click a few times on "next".
- on the order list at https://buy.wosign.com/memberuser/OrderList.html click the play button and enter the domain name(s) you want the SSL cert for. Verify the domain(s) either via email or by putting a HTML file they provide on your server.
- In the next step create a CSR on your server and paste the contents in the form on the website.
- Next you will recieve an email with a link to a ZIP file containing your certificate. The correct order of the certificates is like this:
If you need more help check out my step-by-step tutorial with translated screenshots: https://www.checkmyping.com/
It is one of my spare domains and I'd like to use it as a "showcase" for the WoSign certs. To see an example of such a free SSL certificate visit that website or check it with SSLlabs.com: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=checkmyping.com