Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Best solution for MY needs?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Best solution for MY needs?

gunner05gunner05 Member
edited January 2015 in Requests

This is what I am trying to do:

1- A hosting environment for webserver / production. location: West Coast USA.

2- Windows rdp to download files and do light video encoding - 1Gig port min. Location: NL

3- Plex Server / Media Storage. Location: Los Angeles

Budget: under $100.

I know I could go dedicated but I appreciate the flexibility of cloud instances and deploying in multiple locations. I would prefer to keep everything under one roof.

What is an affordable and FAST cloud provider that will allow me to do the above? Prefer monthly rates, I've been fucked over before by Vultr's hourly costs (or perhaps i did it wrong)

Thanks guys!

Comments

• iper? They seem (to me. Disclosure: I'm cloud ignorant) to be what some other providers strive to be. And they have EU and usa locations.

• @bsdguy said:
    iper? They seem (to me. Disclosure: I'm cloud ignorant) to be what some other providers strive to be. And they have EU and usa locations.

Iperweb.com? Not familiar with them, is that their url?

• DalekOfSkaroDalekOfSkaro Member
    edited January 2015

@gunner05

1. What are your storage requirements?
    2. How much RAM per VM?
    3. For the windows machine, are you open to UK instead of NL?
    4. Am I to understand that your budget is <= $100.00 per month?
  • Pardon me. Their url is http://iwstack.com/
    They are a brand of/belong to Prometeus which, I understand, is basically seal of quality.

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • @DalekOfSkaro said:
    gunner05

1. What are your storage requirements?
    2. How much RAM per VM?
    3. For the windows machine, are you open to UK instead of NL?
    4. Am I to understand that your budget is <= $100.00 per month?

Storage: for media server 2TB. For NL machine 60GB SSD.

RAM: 2GB min

NL, DE, RO

Yes.

• @bsdguy said:
    Pardon me. Their url is http://iwstack.com/
    They are a brand of/belong to Prometeus which, I understand, is basically seal of quality.

Do they charge when the instance is turned off? Free snapshots? do you know?

• rm_rm_ IPv6 Advocate, Veteran

said: I've been fucked over before by Vultr's hourly costs (or perhaps i did it wrong)

gunner05 said: Do they charge when the instance is turned off?

So what the issue was with Vultr, you expected them not to?

• @gunner05 said:
    Do they charge when the instance is turned off? Free snapshots? do you know?

From what I know, they don't charge when it's off.

But while trying to help you, I'm not an employee or otherwise related to iper or Prometeus (other than having been a satisfied customer), so my ability to help you with product details is limited.
    You should, however, find all the info needed on their web site.

• @rm_ said:
    So what the issue was with Vultr, you expected them not to?

Yes, I thought it was a FIXED monthly fee of $10 (as advertised). Turned out it was not because I chose a different location and a sligtly different configuration. My fault of course, but the billing details is VERY limited on their site. No where does it explain how it works in their FAQs (which I read prior to signing up)

• @bsdguy said:
    You should, however, find all the info needed on their web site.

Thanks, appreciate that. If they dont charge while I don't use the instance (if i keep it off) then their prices are awesome. esp if they have usa locations. thanks for the find!