Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

owncloud in 2 locations?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

owncloud in 2 locations?

netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Hey there. I want to have a local owncloud service for the LAN and also a remote copy of it... If I access f.e. owncloud.mydomain.com in LAN, I would like to be redirected to the IP in LAN and outside, to the other box. A rsync would be enough for the settings and files?

Comments

• TACServersTACServers Member
    edited January 2015

You can use rsync, and be sure to move yourself into the directory that has the root owncloud folder. chmod +x on occ, and run the below command. This will rescan the data-store, and you will be able to see all of your files on the Web front-end.

occ -vvv files:scan –all

As far as DNS settings go, you just have to have your local DNS resolver respond with your local servers address. Anyone outside your LAN would get real DNS and IP info

Thanked by 1netomx
  • pbgbenpbgben Member, Host Rep

If your looking for a provider then we can offer you an ownCloud site plus rsync for as low as £1 plus storage at £0.01 per gb and a small setup fee of £5