Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Google Domain Registration
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Google Domain Registration

Google Domains, Google’s own domain name registration service, has now exited private testing.

https://domains.google.com/

Thanked by 1spidervenom

Comments

• the prices seem high (?)

• Bye bye godaddy :)

• "Private registration at no additional cost"

Neat...

• I used to use domain.com with route53, a little while ago I switched to google domains and haven't looked back. I also stopped using route53 and just use googles DNS.

• @Nomad said:
    "Private registration at no additional cost"

Neat...

NameSilo?

• AbdussamadAbdussamad Member
    edited January 2015

The funny bit is where they say you can get support via phone. Google usually doesn't do phone calls.

• @Abdussamad said:
    The funny bit is where they say you can get support via phone. Google usually doesn't do phone calls.

Usually not for free services, but they always do for paid ones.

• Thanks for sharing.....Was thinking of buying a domain for one of my projects

• ... And it wouldn't be a Google product if it wasn't in beta. :D

Thanked by 1netomx
  • but still for U.S only.

We're sorry. You appear to be in a country where Google Domains is not yet available.
    You may search for domains, but you will not be able to purchase a domain unless you have a U.S. billing address

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited January 2015

4n0nx said: the prices seem high (?)

Not really. 12$/year for free whois protection is cheap afaik.

• inklightinklight Member
    edited January 2015

Personally I advice everyone stay away from such G product > the only reason G added this service is to spying on Webmasters so they can ban whoever they want on next G algorithm update .
    Webmasters should be smarter not fall into this trap.

• Dillybob said: Not really. 12$/year for free whois protection is cheap afaik.

It's not "free" it's already added to the price. There are lots of cheaper alternatives.

• DillybobDillybob Member
    edited January 2015

4n0nx said: It's not "free" it's already added to the price. There are lots of cheaper alternatives.

Free whois + domain for less than 12 dollars a year in perpetuity? Name some. (besides Dreamhost)

• Dillybob said: Free whois + domain for less than 12 dollars a year in perpetuity? Name some. (besides Dreamhost)

Internetbs? Namesilo? Namecheap (99c whois privacy with permanent coupon)?

Didn't check the prices but I'd assume they are at least equal..

• 4n0nx said: Namecheap (99c whois privacy with permanent coupon)?

Namecheap:

(not in perpetuity)

However, Namesilo does look like the cheapest at 8.99 with free whois forever. But, I never heard of them and personally wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

InternetBS looks cheap, but I am not sure if the length of the whois protection is forever or for the first year. Cannot find anything here: https://internetbs.net/faq/content/1/19/en/private-whois-domain-privacy.html

• Dillybob said: Namecheap:

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

(not in perpetuity)

There is a permanent coupon. Permanent as in it has been valid for years. WGSPECIAL or something similar, I'd have to look it up.

InternetBS has permanent free whois privacy iirc.

• Dillybob said: Namecheap:

This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge.

(not in perpetuity)

However, Namesilo does look like the cheapest at 8.99 with free whois forever. But, I never heard of them and personally wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole.

Forgot to mention that I think the first year whois privacy is free with namecheap and that namesilo is a reputable company (have not used it).

• DetruireDetruire Member
    edited January 2015

Dillybob said: InternetBS looks cheap, but I am not sure if the length of the whois protection is forever or for the first year.

4n0nx said: InternetBS has permanent free whois privacy iirc.

That was the case two months ago, and I doubt they'd have changed it since then.

• Yep, looks like the WGSPECIAL coupon for 99c whoisguard on namecheap still works. But beware, you have to use whoisguard subscriptions you purchased on namecheap within 1 year (use them on a domain to renew/extend whoisguard subscription) or they will expire.

Thanked by 1howardsl2
  • @Dillybob: You can safely touch Namesilo with your pole. They are quite good - I use them since years.

Thanked by 14n0nx
  • Amitz said: You can safely touch Namesilo with your pole.

• Is hign SEO ranking?

• @BuyAds said:
    Bye bye godaddy :)

Godaddy is fallen...