Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for VPS similar to vpsdime
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for VPS similar to vpsdime

Hi:

Today I wanted to buy a VPS from Vpsdime but it is out of stock.

So now I am looking for a VPS similar on $ and specs to Vpsdime. (7 dollars - 15 dollars).

Thanks show me your offers ;)

Comments

• 6GB for $7 is a great one, i hope they dont oversell!

• Well I want something like that but currently this:

http://www.servermania.com/linux-ssd-vps-specials.htm

Looks good never try one of servermania.

• If they offer money back guarantee try it.

• hostnoobhostnoob Member
    edited January 2015

waveride.at (part of EDIS) offer high RAM cheap. also overzold, which I think is a prometeus company?

if you mean the high storage plan, then maybe vultr?

• It is secure if you find such offers in a kvm virtalization.

• @hostnoob said:
    waveride.at offer high RAM cheap

if you mean the high storage plan, then maybe vultr?

Ner read or hear of them, good enough?

• @martip07 said:
    Ner read or hear of them, good enough?

I've never used them, but they are part of EDIS who are a solid provider.

also I added overZold to my previous post. I think they're part of prometeus.

• @hostnoob what about hostus??

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • @martip07 said:
    hostnoob what about hostus??

Never used them, but heard good things. The owner posts on LET quite a bit

They have a good deal for 6GB RAM here - http://lowendbox.com/blog/hostus-10year-768mb-and-18quarter-6gb-ovz-in-three-us-locations/

Thanked by 2martip07 AlexanderM
  • What do you think? really really oversold?

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • wable?If their promo is still valid.
    Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher).

Thanked by 2martip07 im_jmz
  • @martip07 said:

It will definitely be oversold, but there's nothing wrong with overselling if it's managed properly. Most people will sign up for that 6GB plan because it's on offer and end up using less than 1GB, if that.

Thanked by 2arpanjot AlexanderM
  • 17brownj17brownj Member, Host Rep

@martip07 said:

I used HostUs and never had any troubles. I would highly recommend them.

• I hear ServerMania are pretty good actually

• HostUS for sure.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM
  • Waveride.at, OverZold.com, OpenVZ.io

• arpanjot said: wable?If their promo is still valid. Get 2 additional CPUs/VPS, 4GB additional RAM, and 30GB additional SSD storage by clicking here https://wable.com/?powerboost=1 (only works on Bundle #3 or higher).

Dude, thanks for this! I already had Wable bundle 3, happened to click this link and it upgraded my account. How awesome is that?!

Thanked by 1arpanjot
  • not gonna use wable

• Servermania - I am with them on 48$ per year plan with 2 GB ram 100 GB HDD from last 1.3 years and didn't had any issue.. great service value for money.

Wable - I have bundle 3 - performance is really great.. no issues till now

• @praveen said:
    Servermania - I am with them on 48$ per year plan with 2 GB ram 100 GB HDD from last 1.3 years and didn't had any issue.. great service value for money.

Wable - I have bundle 3 - performance is really great.. no issues till now

Ya but they dont accept debt card (only credit card). And I dont wanna use paypal :v

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@martip07 said:

Debit cards are the same as credit cards from a payments point of view. As long as it is Matercard or Visa you're all set.

Thanked by 1martip07
  • @trewq said:
    Debit cards are the same as credit cards from a payments point of view. As long as it is Matercard or Visa you're all set.

Well I tried with my card an dit didnt work, and yes I have money, is not the first time paying for something with it :/

• trewqtrewq Administrator, Patron Provider

@martip07 said:
    Well I tried with my card an dit didnt work, and yes I have money, is not the first time paying for something with it :/

Did anything come up? Did you contact them or your bank? I know my bank has blocked a couple of payments to providers before.

• @trewq said:

Payment couldnt not be completed, I contacted them and they just said credit card or paypal.

The thing is that I cant add funds to my paypal account because is not yet allowed it in my country (Peru).

And if I create a new paypal account it will not be 88 dollars right, it will be more :/

• I bought one from @ftpit .... gona make a review soon, so far so good ;)

• @martip07 said:
    I bought one from ftpit .... gona make a review soon, so far so good ;)

Config ? Cost ?

• @gurugrv A custom http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/40917/cheap-kvm-3gb-ram-7-usd-only-from-ftpit and $90 - Year.

Right now waiting for him to fix something and I will be happy.

• ftpit is a good guy, I hope everything works out well.

• @martip07 said:

I've had issues with using debit card on credit card system before, i think it's something to do with the verification part of the payment.

• AveryCatesAveryCates Member
    edited January 2015

Responding to the HostUS chatter up there.
    I started with HostUS and Crissic at the same time about ~8 months ago.

EDIT:
    tl;dr HostUS is faster than Crissic with I/O and network speeds. I thought it was subjective at first, but full benches at the bottom. Crissic was only faster by 2MB/s pulling from kernel.org.
    Here is the excerpt:

HostUS:
    I/O speed: 246 MB/s
    Gzip 50MB: 1.34s
    Download 100MB file: 53.9MB/s

Crissic:
    I/O speed: 134 MB/s
    Gzip 50MB: 0.79s
    Download 100MB file: 6.73MB/s

Overall, Crissic has more storage for cheaper $$. (I set up VNC/X/Openbox on 2GB RAM, 150GB HDD package. It worked pretty well for only $30/year. :)
    HostUS has a 1GB RAM/swap package also- but only 50GB HDD at $40/year.

For VPN and when I want to quickly host and grab (or serve for a friend) a file, HostUS it's my go-to. I even tunnel my tablets/phones through it.

Crissic is reliable and that 150GB is a lot of potential. But the (Jacksonville, at least) speeds are slower than my other experiences. (I'm okay with them though. Not trying to complain.)

I'd vouch for both Crissic and HostUS.
    They both are better suited for different applications, IMO. And the price is still good.

Though, my HostUS node was a special- only 512 RAM/no swap +1 extra IPv4 I've never used- but was $15. Definitely not renewing in the summer. But it would be nice to see a HostUS 150GB storage plan to rival that of Crissic, though. Especially as these benches have me contemplating Crissic now. Hopefully a node from the Los Angeles farm will be better.

Full benches:**

Crissic Jacksonville:
    http://pastebin.com/6GAtQpQ6
    (I dropped to a 512 package since I was paying for resources I didn't need.)

HostUS Atlanta:
    http://pastebin.com/yLj5NzqP

** On Crissic's Transparency page they claim benchmarks on VPSs are misleading and pointless. But clearly there is a performance gap in the bench and in real world usage.

Thanked by 1AlexanderM