Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MaxCDN Vs Cloudflare?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

MaxCDN Vs Cloudflare?

ShivamShivam Member
edited January 2015 in General

Whats your thoughts, which one is better?

Whats Better MaxCDN or Cloudflare?
  1. Whats Better MaxCDN or Cloudflare?37 votes
    1. MaxCDN
      51.35%
    2. Cloudflare
      48.65%

Comments

• This is an unfair comparison, their service offerings are not the same.

A proper comparison would be MaxCDN vs EdgeCast or CDN77 -- and then you'd compare CloudFlare vs Incapsula.

Thanked by 1Dylan
  • MaxCDN is a little lacking in Europe, but still looks interesting.

• My experience with Cloudflare has been absolute horrible so far. Their support is non existent. My site is having random "too slow" events ... and they have been no help at all.

They blame my server provider, my server provider blames them and says no issue at their end. (and I don't see anything in logs either)

Just sent them an other ticket like 10 mins ago. (Expect to get a reply in 8-10 hours, that too like they never really read the ticket)

• linuxthefish said: MaxCDN is a little lacking in Europe, but still looks interesting.

MaxCDN has London, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt in Europe. It's not fair to say they're lacking...

I've used MaxCDN and I have to vouch for them. Their network is top-notch and their support is out of this world... I'd say they're doing an exemplary job.

Their setup is very high-end, pure SSD and I think their ports are all 20 GigE or higher.

They are different from CloudFlare, that's because CloudFlare takes over your DNS and delivers your entire site. MaxCDN will deliver what you need delivered over the CDN, which works best for my needs.

Furthermore, MaxCDN is really cost-effective, you'll probably get more than what you pay for :)

• I have voted against cloudflare. I have also used the pro version and still the same problems with the downtime.

• BuyAds said: I have voted against cloudflare. I have also used the pro version and still the same problems with the downtime.

Likewise. They've been disappointing lately and caused some websites to load real slow after they've been real fast. We ended up turning off CloudFlare and moving on.

• DalekOfSkaro said: MaxCDN has London, Amsterdam, and Frankfurt in Europe. It's not fair to say they're lacking...

Not much east europe or russia :(

• linuxthefish said: Not much east europe or russia :(

Who knows.. Maybe it's on the roadmap :)

• ShivamShivam Member
    edited January 2015

Thanks for the contributions with your opinions, i'll probably try out MaxCDN

Thanked by 1DalekOfSkaro
  • Shivam said: Thanks for the contributions to your opinions, i'll probably try out MaxCDN

You should :-)

• @Umair said:
    Just sent them an other ticket like 10 mins ago. (Expect to get a reply in 8-10 hours, that too like they never really read the ticket)

What plan are you using? If you are using their free plan, a 24 hour reply would be more than acceptable imo.

• Host4GeeksHost4Geeks Member, Host Rep

MaxCDN - The only downside I see with them is paying extra for additional POPs such as Asia and a new others. I believe it was something around $40 per month or per year. Not sure.

Try CloudFront.

• You can use both at the same time.

• I'll check out that @Host4Geeks haha daayum amazon is doing a ton of shyt :)

• @Umair

They usually reply to my ticket in < 10mins. Make sure to always send them a tracert, the output of yourdomain.com/cdn-cgi/trace and a HAR file.
    They just don't answer quickly if you don't give them enough information.

Thanked by 1Umair