Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID
Advertise on LowEndTalk.com

In this Discussion

Hostslim 1GB 100GB 1TB OpenVZ Benchmark - Page 3
New on LowEndTalk? Please read our 'Community Rules' by clicking on it in the right menu!

Hostslim 1GB 100GB 1TB OpenVZ Benchmark

Comments

• @Spirit I didn't say anything was wrong with that, that is a good thing! I posted that so people wouldn't be skeptical about purchasing a VPS from this offer. :)

• edited August 2012

They started since 2009, and same like QuickWeb if I remember it correctly.

For staying in the business since 2009, they must be having many knowledge and experience, thats why I post their offer here :D

• They may be around for a long time but their IO is still SLOW :(

• Nick_ANick_A Top Provider

@carlosg said: 2 iops

Wow...

RamNode: High Performance SSD Servers
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - IPv6 - DDoS Protection - AS3842
  • Don't spend all that IO in one place now ya hear!

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
  • Nick_ANick_A Top Provider

Quick, someone run a Minecraft server on there...

RamNode: High Performance SSD Servers
    NYC - LA - ATL - SEA - NL - IPv6 - DDoS Protection - AS3842
    Thanked by 1jarland
  • why I am so "lucky"? so slow!!!

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=4k oflag=dsync 4096+0 records in 4096+0 records out 4294967296 bytes (4.3 GB) copied, 2749.69 s, 1.6 MB/s

• @ynzheng are you on the localhost node?

• rm_rm_ Member
    edited August 2012

@Spirit They sell 1GB VPSes for 2.5 EUR, and when this shit falls apart you blame

@Spirit said: LET "dd" kids

Seriously?...

Also guys and girls, let me remind you of the wonderful vzfree tool: http://hostingfu.com/article/vzfree-checking-memory-usage-inside-openvz-ve Come on, check your node, how much is it in swap? :)

Thanked by 1yomero
  • @Ruriko said: are you on the localhost node?

yep, now it`s almost stop there....

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=64k oflag=dsync

29823+0 records in 29823+0 records out 1954480128 bytes (2.0 GB) copied, 8804.31 s, 222 kB/s

the last command has no respons for so long....

• Dang... it went all the way down to kB!

Catalyst Host - Pie Approved!
  • rm_rm_ Member
    edited August 2012

"You're holding it wrong", remove oflag=dsync, add conv=fdatasync

• I feel sorry for the node (and them). Just give it a break..

• nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2012

Signed up a while ago, still waiting, was setup instant for most?

I'm assuming that their out of space on their current nodes and need to setup additional (I'm hoping!).

Been looking for an NL VPS for a little while now, hopefully it's halfway decent. Anyone know where to get cheap .NL domains?

SonicBoxes.com - VPS Tips, Tricks & Tutorials
    6UA.net Various tools, screenshots, password gen, looking glass, etc..

• @numin I use versio.nl

• what means of these:

sudo vzfree Total Used Free Kernel: 8796093022208.00M 6.96M 8796093022201.04M Allocate: 36028797018963968.00M 47.47M 36028797018963968.00M (36028797018963968M Guaranteed) Commit: 36028797018963968.00M 15.67M 36028797018963968.00M (18.4% of Allocated) Swap: -68.46M (-785.6% of Committed)

• rm_rm_ Member

@NanoG6 said: I feel sorry for the node (and them).

And why exactly? If they oversell beyond what's sanely possible and the node crawls to kilobytes per second, why would you feel sorry for them? Someone forced them to do a crazy "sale" without a business plan or any other plan how this could possibly work? If anything, I'd feel sorry for all those clients who wasted their money (ok a small amount) and most importantly their time signing up, waiting for the VPS, trying to set it up, filing a ticket that it's slow, waiting for a reply on that ticket... etc etc.

• @rm_ said: If anything, I'd feel sorry for all those clients who wasted their money (ok a small amount) and most importantly their time signing up

It donot matter,it`s a great vps with 1G MEM if use for backup only

• @rm_ said: remove oflag=dsync, add conv=fdatasync

dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=64k count=64k conv=fdatasync Terminated dd if=/dev/zero of=test bs=1M count=4k conv=fdatasync Terminated

• NanoG6NanoG6 Member
    edited August 2012

@rm_ said: And why exactly? If they oversell beyond what's sanely possible and the node crawls to kilobytes per second, why would you feel sorry for them? Someone forced them to do a crazy "sale" without a business plan or any other plan how this could possibly work? If anything, I'd feel sorry for all those clients who wasted their money (ok a small amount) and most importantly their time signing up, waiting for the VPS, trying to set it up, filing a ticket that it's slow, waiting for a reply on that ticket... etc etc.

I just feel sorry because many new clients doing benchmarking (dd, etc), in the same time, and leave the VPS idle after that. May be the node itself able to accommodate that number of clients if they are doing something "real" with their VPS (web, db, java, etc). Not just bashing the IO with dd :)

• @NanoG6 said: many new clients doing benchmarking (dd, etc), in the same time, and leave the VPS idle after that.

wow,that`s me, same sorry for that

GOD SAVE ME

• I'm running Desktop in my hostslim 1GB. Maybe planning to run Minecraft tonight

• SpiritSpirit Disabled
    edited August 2012

@rm_ said: and when this shit falls apart you blame dd kids

Usually not, but here seems "dd" test bashing over obsessive. Maybe that's ok... because those tasters won't last long and once they pack their bags and leave vps idle performance can hopefully slightly increase.

• budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

Well if not satisfied can refund within a week. Now i'm still monitoring the performance. Wait until benchmark and dd kid cooldown first. When first i get my vps the performance is good before massive number of people subscribe.

• Signed up two days ago for the 1GB plan, the performance has been mediocre with SSH being inaccessible at times or lagging badly. Just checked in to see the status to find out my vps has been completely wiped showing a default centos page. No email, no explanation, or any other info in this matter. Judge for yourself. I'm not gonna bother with a 2.50 refund, just let it expire and move on.

• So has the performance improved?

• It's in 4omb/s average

• Not just bashing the IO with dd :)

dd tests really don't take any time to complete, unless the node is overloaded that is :P

ServerBear - Easy UnixBench/dd/IOPS/FIO (NEW) & Network Benchmarks | Example Report | Compare Low End Boxes
    Gleam - Run kick-ass viral competitions & rewards to grow your userbase. Free until Sept.
  • JackJack Member, Provider
    edited August 2012

me thinks I will ask for a refund. image

My VPS list is big enough without it :D

• Is that paid or free? :D I'm receiving another free vps last night, as a gift for a hammering test

• @Jack Me thinks I could take the hostigation xmas off your hands :P

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

@Taylor said: @Jack Me thinks I could take the hostigation xmas off your hands :P

I'm currently using it for ZNC but I guess I could move it onto my OVZ128 PM Me :) Tim allows Transfer right?

• @Jack said: PM Me :)

Pm sent

@Jack said: Tim allows Transfer right?

Mail will be sent.

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member, Provider

@Taylor said: Mail will be sent.

Already replied it is ok

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM KVM VPS / Proxmox OpenVZ VPS- Low Cost Comodo SSL Certificates
  • @miTgiB said: Already replied it is ok

>

Money sent to jack, tim has already set this up!

Thanks

I know, I'm Dale Maily.

• nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2012

Finally got mine setup, only took 24+ hours but it seems to be a pretty snappy little box, except it seems as I only get half a CPU core?

[email protected]:/# cat /proc/cpuinfo processor : 0 vendor_id : GenuineIntel cpu family : 6 model : 42 model name : Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz stepping : 7 cpu MHz : 1600.069 cache size : 8192 KB

Network speeds are pretty good, my disk IO is fine as well.

http://nl.sonicboxes.net/nlvps.jpg

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member, Provider

@nunim said: except it seems as I only get half a CPU core?

Power saving features most likely, hammer the CPU and check

Hostigation High Resource Hosting - SolusVM KVM VPS / Proxmox OpenVZ VPS- Low Cost Comodo SSL Certificates
    Thanked by 1yomero
  • @nunim what are you using to generate those numbers in your picture?

Proud member of the VPS Collectors Club

• nunimnunim Member
    edited August 2012

@birdie25 said: @nunim what are you using to generate those numbers in your picture?

deluge-webui

my webui on hostslim

deluge from sources install script

deluge project site

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • budingyunbudingyun Member
    edited August 2012

@nunim Are you on node localhost?

• @budingyun said: @nunim Are you on node localhost?

No.

Node VPSMAIN0130

• I don't know if it's the host fault but pingdom says my site has been down for 5mins every few hours O_O

@Ruriko said: I don't know if it's the host fault but pingdom says my site has been down for 5mins every few hours O_O

I really didn't like Serverius's network when I had node's there so it's probably true.

• Oh look they're doing another crazy offer 50% -_- looks like they're really overselling

• @nunim said: @budingyun said: @nunim Are you on node localhost?

No.

Node VPSMAIN0130

Node 13 already, btw i'm on node 12.

• @Ruriko said: I don't know if it's the host fault but pingdom says my site has been down for 5mins every few hours O_O

The network is fast but not that stable.

• @budingyun so it's not stable... how would I explain this to support? since I don't know what the problem is since all it does is have lag spikes for a few mins at random times

• GaryGary Member

Looks like they're planning to sell, maybe, and trying to get as many customers as they can to inflate the selling price?

I got one anyway. Performance is more than acceptable for the price so far. Definitely no complaints from me. I wouldn't prepay for more than a month at a time though. :)

• @Gary would you expand how you found out they're planning to sell the biz?