Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Suggestions on new VPS provider?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Suggestions on new VPS provider?

opentoeopentoe Member
edited January 2015 in Providers

I have three VPS's with Chicago VPS. I'm thinking about dumping them because their support is just horrible and I'm treated like a child. And the issues aren't related to the VPS itself, the issues are out of my control, like them putting my WHM license in for me. When I first started to use their VPS I got two of them since they were so cheap, and just recently I got another one but the support has just gotten worse and worse. Are there any VPS providers out there that can match their packages and/or price point? Right now the last one I got was:

3GB memory
100GB disk space
3TB bandwidth
1 GB port
2 IPv4 addresses
$12/month for WHM/CPANEL
and some kind of control panel that will let me rebuild/reinstall the VPS from scratch.
By the way, the price is really low. I paid just $45 for the year. That's $3.75/month. Monthly it would be $7. Of course I paid for a year because I already had two VPS's with them but quality of service is dropping considerably. I know it is really hard for providers to match those prices and would prefer a US provider. I have tried UK providers and have seemed to be a little slow for me.

I also have a VPS with knownhost.com, which is a fully managed system and support is impeccable. But of course there is nothing "low end" about the price, but I know I can count on that VPS always working with no problems.

Thanks!

EDIT: added price

Comments

• i can provide 3GB RAM, 3GB vSwap, 100GB SSD, Unmetered Bandwidth, 100Mbps Uplink, 5 IPv4 Address's for £15 and we can provide semi-managed support including basic configuration and installing control panel's and software. we also have our own fully custom VPS and Billing Control Panel. this is a custom quote so please if you are wanting to order use these specifications but before you pay for the invoice open a ticket and we can change the invoice price.

• Thank you so much for responding, but I've tried a couple VPS's from the UK and while they were great, they were terribly slow for me. I don't need much help, since I use WHM. I really do appreciate the response and will keep it in mind.

• You have a PM :)

• BharatBBharatB Member, Patron Provider

@opentoe are you intrested in Phoenix location ?

• Is it a ColoCrossing location, 1GB port? If the speed is acceptable for me, I don't see why not. I'm still considering my options, since it will take me a little time to move/transfer my data and backup some of the forums I run.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited January 2015

@opentoe said:
    Is it a ColoCrossing location, 1GB port? If the speed is acceptable for me, I don't see why not. I'm still considering my options, since it will take me a little time to move/transfer my data and backup some of the forums I run.

If you're looking at 1Gbit, try crissic.net, Florida & California