Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting my way to learn vps hosting, some questions :)
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Starting my way to learn vps hosting, some questions :)

Hey guys, So I have been using VPS for over 4 years now.
I love vpses, and I wished to start my own vps hosting company.
So, I asked I started to do my researches and yeah.
and what I have knew tell now is that, to start a vps hosting company
you must have a DEDICATED SERVER, and then using a tool to divide it.
BTW, I want to work with windows, hosting windows vpses.
so for now what is the best tool to do the work ?

is there like a control panel for the admin, to create vpses without having to login to your
dedicated.

what is the best script to use to create the hosting website ?

and yeah there was some company where I bought vpses they have that login place on your website where you can login and have a full control of your vps.
restarting it, shut it down, etc. may I how can I do that. and If I can do it automatically with every vps created without having to installing a control panel to each vps I add ?

Sorry for my bad English and those lots of questions, but I am so excited, it's my dream and it's the time to accomplish it

Comments

• Resell virtual servers and MAXIMIZE your profits! http://www.greenvaluehost.com/vpsreseller.html

Thanked by 3NickO Badawy gsrdgrdghd
  • @linuxthefish said:
    Resell virtual servers and MAXIMIZE your profits! http://www.greenvaluehost.com/vpsreseller.html

well that was kinda out of topic :(, but at least thanks for answering

• matthewvzmatthewvz Member, Host Rep

If you want to be hosting Windows VPSes you are going to want to use KVM or Xen-HVM as your virtualization since OpenVZ can only host linux based OSes. For a control panel there are many out there such as Feathur (No Xen support).

You may want to hire a systems administrator or at least do a lot of experimenting and testing before trying to sell VPSes. If you know nothing and try selling VPSes you are going to fail. As @linuxthefish said reselling might not be a bad idea to start out with, just please not with GreenValueHost.

Thanked by 1Badawy
  • If you want to work with Windows and create Windows VPSs, check out Hyper-V.

Thanked by 1Badawy
  • aglodekaglodek Member
    edited January 2015

@Badawy: I strongly recommend you start the business as a reseller. Choose a good provider offering white label reseller option so you can start building your brand. Get a good domain name. Start a company. Set up banking. Make a website. Learn the ropes. Build contacts in the community. Realize your "dream"! If you manage to build - and more importantly - retain a client base and your business is still running, say, 6 to 9 months later, only then start thinking about your own servers and other stuff. No need to go into that here, as by that time you will know exactly what you need or want in terms of tech stuff, where to get it and/or what questions to ask of the good people here :)

You can also get a KVM on the side, say, 4GB RAM plus /29 ipv4 + SolusVM + WHMCS licences + PayPal and set up OpenVZ to get hands on experience with your own VPS hosting set up. If you shop around, all this will set you back less than US$40 per month. No Windows hosting under OpenVZ, to be sure, but good and cheap way to learn the ropes. Giner.net, for one, started with nested OpenVZ hosting and built up a successful VPS hosting business in Spain this way.

Thanked by 1Badawy
  • We have pre installed vps creating servers, no headache to you...
    take a look
    https://lankapartnerhost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=130

Thanked by 1Badawy
  • godtorgodtor Member, Host Rep

You could use KVM with SolusVM for control panel but as others hear say, you need to have some experience with linux to manage a dedicated server for VPS hosting. If you do not have experience you should start with a VPS reseller account, we can make a good offer for KVM + SolusVM reseller, PM me if you decide to go with a reseller. Cheers!

Thanked by 1Badawy
  • @Badawy said:
    I love vpses, and I wished to start my own vps hosting company.
    So, I asked I started to do my researches and yeah.
    and what I have knew tell now is that, to start a vps hosting company
    you must have a DEDICATED SERVER, and then using a tool to divide it.
    BTW, I want to work with windows, hosting windows vpses.
    so for now what is the best tool to do the work ?

Sorry for my bad English and those lots of questions, but I am so excited, it's my dream and it's the time to accomplish it

You should team up with tmnboy, you two are made for each other.

Thanked by 1Badawy
  • Awmusic12635Awmusic12635 Member, Host Rep

If you are just starting, as the others have said I would recommend reselling first. I first started with reselling when I began doing virtual servers. Helped to gain a lot of experience before I was comfortable doing it myself. Start with Linux though, more information about it online, more options and it requires less funds. MS licensing is never fun.

Thanked by 1Badawy
  • @matthewvz said:
    If you want to be hosting Windows VPSes you are going to want to use KVM or Xen-HVM as your virtualization since OpenVZ can only host linux based OSes. For a control panel there are many out there such as Feathur (No Xen support).

You may want to hire a systems administrator or at least do a lot of experimenting and testing before trying to sell VPSes. If you know nothing and try selling VPSes you are going to fail. As linuxthefish said reselling might not be a bad idea to start out with, just please not with GreenValueHost.

That's why I am asking I am willing to learn :)

for the KVM and Xen HVM vitalization does they host windows and linux or just linux ?

• @0xdragon said:
    If you want to work with Windows and create Windows VPSs, check out Hyper-V.

Yeah I saw that already on a youtube video, but I don't know how to connect it with a control panel so I can create windows vpses without login in to the dedicated server. and is it possible a website with a control panel for each vps that are on my dedicated or I have to create the control panel manually ?

• sorry for the negative view point but from what I gather, you still lack the necessary basic knowledge to provide client support at this point, even to resell, unless of course if you are able to get a really good provider that will be able to spoon feed everything.

Best to get some ground work going before embarking on your venture.

Thanked by 1Badawy
  • @aglodek said:
    Badawy: I strongly recommend you start the business as a reseller. Choose a good provider offering white label reseller option so you can start building your brand. Get a good domain name. Start a company. Set up banking. Make a website. Learn the ropes. Build contacts in the community. Realize your "dream"! If you manage to build - and more importantly - retain a client base and your business is still running, say, 6 to 9 months later, only then start thinking about your own servers and other stuff. No need to go into that here, as by that time you will know exactly what you need or want in terms of tech stuff, where to get it and/or what questions to ask of the good people here :)

You can also get a KVM on the side, say, 4GB RAM plus /29 ipv4 + SolusVM + WHMCS licences + PayPal and set up OpenVZ to get hands on experience with your own VPS hosting set up. If you shop around, all this will set you back less than US$40 per month. No Windows hosting under OpenVZ, to be sure, but good and cheap way to learn the ropes. Giner.net, for one, started with nested OpenVZ hosting and built up a successful VPS hosting business in Spain this way.

What an amazing comment thanks bro. but as I said I prefer windows :(, and can I connect whcms with souls vm togther and can I create a vps from the solusvm directly and then the vps that was created will have a control panel ? .. like this website here
    www.hmaserv.com << I got a vps from there
    1- http://i.imgur.com/u4sDyZL.png
    2- http://i.imgur.com/J8pjq3R.png
    3- http://i.imgur.com/J8pjq3R.png
    That's just an amazing cp :)

• @lankapartnerhost said:

We have pre installed vps creating servers, no headache to you...
    take a look
    https://lankapartnerhost.com/cart.php?a=add&pid=130

That's not what I want sorry :(

• @godtor said:
    You could use KVM with SolusVM for control panel but as others hear say, you need to have some experience with linux to manage a dedicated server for VPS hosting. If you do not have experience you should start with a VPS reseller account, we can make a good offer for KVM + SolusVM reseller, PM me if you decide to go with a reseller. Cheers!

I wan't a windows hosting service. can I use KVM and SolusVM for windows vps hosting ?

• @Termiet said:
    You should team up with tmnboy, you two are made for each other.

If he want to :)

• @Awmusic12635 said:
    If you are just starting, as the others have said I would recommend reselling first. I first started with reselling when I began doing virtual servers. Helped to gain a lot of experience before I was comfortable doing it myself. Start with Linux though, more information about it online, more options and it requires less funds. MS licensing is never fun.

I am not in harry I can wait lots of time and learn alot. before starting hosting :)

• @century1stop said:
    sorry for the negative view point but from what I gather, you still lack the necessary basic knowledge to provide client support at this point, even to resell, unless of course if you are able to get a really good provider that will be able to spoon feed everything.

Best to get some ground work going before embarking on your venture.

If I had knowledge why would I ask. I asked here because I got lots of help from that forum and I like that forum so much.

• century1stopcentury1stop Member
    edited January 2015

Badawy said: If I had knowledge why would I ask. I asked here because I got lots of help from that forum and I like that forum so much.

what information you gather here is still not adequate :)

at this point anyways

edit : just my view, you need not bother ;)

• timnboystimnboys Member
    edited January 2015

@Badawy said:
    If he want to :)

I don't know if I would team up with you no offense but I atleast have knowledge and skills to know how to keep dedicated servers running, most important how to deal with linux and keep it running(you know the host or node the vps's are hosted on) and building websites, etc. Again no offense but if I was to team up with someone I would atleast hope they have basic skills to keep a server and everything running and alive.
    Anyway if I did team up with you I don't know if I would give admin access to my virtualizor panel or even for that matter root access to the server it is running on as again no offense but I wouldn't want someone who doesn't at least know what they're doing to access my server or even my virtualizor panel(you know anything mission critical.)
    I hope I haven't offended you but like everyone else has already said please before you even try anything like this please get some basic knowledge so when you do I won't worry if I ever do decide to team up with you about you not knowing what you're doing and basically leaving me a big mess to rebuild and fix and clean up.

Again I wish all the best and I hope I haven't offended you.

Thanked by 1century1stop