Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do with 64 mb vps?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

What to do with 64 mb vps?

BuyAdsBuyAds Member
edited January 2015 in General

I really cant understand why someone is looking for 64/128 ram with 5/10GB space? What can be done with it? Cpanel alone needs 512 Ram to get installed.

Comments

• Teamspeak works well on this little machines

• VPN, Host websites, IRC bots, Skype bots, uptime monitors

I use mine to run python & php scripts.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • mikhomikho Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

Forum
    Wordpress
    Static website
    Vpn
    To name a few things. That you mention 512 mb for cPanel tells more about cPanel then the service itself.

• jcalebjcaleb Member
    edited January 2015

said: I really cant understand why someone is looking for 64/128 ram with 5/10GB space? What can be done with it? Cpanel alone needs 512 Ram to get installed.

many

• others can run a forum on less ram

• Intresting...

• reverse proxy

• You can easily run lighttpd + php_cgi and run a full website if you wish.

• HAProxy :-D

• can squid run on 64mb ram? and Centos available for this small amount of ram?

• @psycholyzern said:
    can squid run on 64mb ram? and Centos available for this small amount of ram?

Not for CentOS 5,6,7. 4 yes but most providers dont support 4 anymore

• linuxthefish said: You can easily run lighttpd + php_cgi and run a full website if you wish.

And how much Ram this stuff consumes on 64MB VPS?

• anyone know where I can get cheapest 64mb ram vps? just for testing purposes.

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

psycholyzern said: can squid run on 64mb ram? and Centos available for this small amount of ram?

Yes and yes.

CentOS 6 32bit - 3MB RAM / 334MB Disk CentOS 6 64bit - 4MB RAM / 337MB Disk CentOS 7 64bit - 15MB RAM / 433MB Disk

Our 64MB VPS is easily our best seller and some people buy them in bulk. We have a few clients who buy at least 5 a week as their businesses grow.

Thanked by 1upfreak
  • @TheKiller said:
    And how much Ram this stuff consumes on 64MB VPS?

Here's my stats:

NanoVZ -- nginx + php-fpm -- used 9 MB (or 26MB including buffers/cache)

InceptionHosting -- lighttpd + postfix -- used 7 MB (or 18M including buffers/cache)

• @bertan said:

I just want to say,,,, Incredible!

• KuJoeKuJoe Member, Host Rep

If anybody else is interested in the RAM usage for OpenVZ templates, here's a write up I did last year: https://securedragon.net/clients/announcements.php?id=467

• @KuJoe said:
    Our 64MB VPS is easily our best seller and some people buy them in bulk. We have a few clients who buy at least 5 a week as their businesses grow.

Spoke with many customers.

try running yum update always comes back with a error for us

• TinyTunnel_Tom said: Spoke with many customers.

try running yum update always comes back with a error for us

Just disable fastestmirror plugin.

This use to come up regularly on LET, back when <$7 were all real low end vps.

• TheKiller said: And how much Ram this stuff consumes on 64MB VPS?

I run a small wp site with nginx + php + mysql with 64MB ram and 64MB swap. It consumes 53-54MB of ram and about 15-20MB of swap.
    It works well with 50-100 visitors per day, not a single problem!
    It can be pushed further, but I am not too good and my knowledge is not enought, still, if you squeeze it you can save 10-15MB of ram there!

• @dnom said:
    This use to come up regularly on LET, back when <$7 were all real low end vps.

They all its when it starts to install.

• test command, code, run very small website ...