Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Servdiscount - Cheap dedicated servers
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Servdiscount - Cheap dedicated servers

So, I found this when looking at the webtropia.com website.

http://servdiscount.com/

Some cheap dedicated servers in DE, at some reasonable prices and other than Kimsufi, you can add additional IPs.

Comments

• this link was posted a few weeks ago if i recall. it's not that cheap though..

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2015

Its cheaper as Hetzner, Atom or something different cost 25EUR and up usually, they start from 12,99EUR with 2 HDD's. So its basically cheap, cheapest which you can get in Germany.

But... as he said its Webtropia/MyLoc and they had/have some issues and aren't the best, in my opinion what i read and noticed.

Intel Core i5-750 for 18EUR is dirty cheap for that benchmark.

• FrecyboyFrecyboy Member
    edited January 2015

@TarZZ92

Yes, in this thread
    http://lowendtalk.com/discussion/comment/840789/#Comment_840789

I had a gameserver with one of their hundrets of companys, which was ok, but most customers are not happy, see this thread in german: http://www.webhostlist.de/forum/erfahrungen-mit-anbietern/112860-webtropia-erfahrungen-12.html

Edit: and their "ddos protection" is just a null-route

Thanked by 1nocom
  • Infinity580 said: with Raid.

Fake raid.. does not really count :)

edited January 2015

@TarZZ92 i explained it wrong, i mean 2 hdds

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran
    edited January 2015

TarZZ92 said: it's not that cheap though..

Is the cheapest in Germany, AFAIK. Also, 2xHDD at just 10€.

• rokokrokok Member
    edited January 2015

myLoc, no long plan contract?

i got some bad experience in the past cancleling server :D

• jmginerjmginer Member, Patron Provider

Frecyboy said: Edit: and their "ddos protection" is just a null-route

How many Gbps/PPS before null-route?

edited January 2015

@jmginer As they said in there blog: http://blog.webtropia.com/2014/10/30/ddos-protection-fuer-server/ about 2 Months ago

We can filter up to half a million packages per second, bigger attacks result in null route.

In the first phase.

Thanked by 1jmginer
  • I was quite interested in Servdiscount. 100Mbps of the Kimsufi are becoming not enough for my usage.

Do you know if the order system is fast as OVH (Kimsufi) or Online.net? I mean, if I order today will I have any chance to see it today? (I know it's Saturday)

Also, some more reviews regarding Servdiscount?

• I got mine in 30mins, and the Support is reeeealy fast.

• @Issam2204 said:
    I was quite interested in Servdiscount. 100Mbps of the Kimsufi are becoming not enough for my usage.

Do you know if the order system is fast as OVH (Kimsufi) or Online.net? I mean, if I order today will I have any chance to see it today? (I know it's Saturday)

Also, some more reviews regarding Servdiscount?

50/50 chance but all the times I order on week days I got my server in under 20 mins !

Support is fast max 30 mins english & german

I wrote a review here last month and am still using them for the unlimited bandwidth

torrent-invites.com/showthread.php?t=285515

Thanked by 1Issam2204
  • georgegeorge Member

@Frecyboy said:
    I got mine in 30mins, and the Support is reeeealy fast.

You seem to be the only one cheering for them around here unfortunately.

• Thanks @sigmaphi!

Can you post me an updated speed test? I need a reliable upstream, because 100Mbps are also available on the Kimsufi (and my only reason to change is the upstream bandiwidth).

Thank you again!

• @george

There are also others that said good things about them. I'm just spreading my experience with them so far.

• Yes, but how much optimistic can you be when they promise 500Mbps bandwidth but you actually see 100 Mbps?

• Hmm, I don't looked much at the bandwidth because I only need good pings inside germany for gameservers.

• murataimuratai Member

How much is bandwidth? I don't think they'll give 1000 mbit unmetered for 10 euros/mth

• NekkiNekki Veteran

@Issam2204 said:
    Yes, but how much optimistic can you be when they promise 500Mbps bandwidth but you actually see 100 Mbps?

The port was only 100 or that's the average speed you managed to download at?

• WinneWinne Member

Here is a benchmark of mine :

http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/04/18/xAEoqAbncYHVBPJp

The download speed isn't great. I'm not renewing, I guess I'll go with OVH or Online.net

• DazzleDazzle Member

@rokok : Piye bro what is your bad experience with them?, explain to us.

• Issam2204Issam2204 Member
    edited May 2015

@Nekki said:
    The port was only 100 or that's the average speed you managed to download at?

I don't have a server with them. I was referring to the speedtest of sigmaphi.

@Winne can you please also make some speedtests?

EDIT: I just saw now the network tests. Sorry :)

• AntonioAntonio Member
    edited May 2015

I bought their i7 3770/SSD server a month ago. About 10 days after i got it, it started shutting down automatically. Just after i hit 1TB of bandwidth. I asked their support for help but they denied any hardware failures although /var/log/messages was flooded with bad ram error messages on every boot. So I had to switch to another provider. I also got nullrouted, their "DDoS protection" is useless:

We’d like to notify you that our Intrusion Detection System has detected incoming Denial of Service attacks targeting your server, l131.lemon.servdiscount-customer.com. We have blocked it via a null route in order to prevent further negative effects on our infrastructure. Your server will be automatically unblocked after 30 minutes. If the attacks resume, your server may be blocked again. If you have any questions about this notification, please contact us at .

It was unblocked 2 hours after the attack.
    Also they are asking me to cancel it 4 weeks before the end of the month. I guess i'll let them pass it to a debt collector agency.