Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

<Read Here> 50c/month things.
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

<Read Here> 50c/month things.

eastoncheastonch Member
edited August 2012 in General

http://board.prometeus.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7&sid=9e47f9e22b2c1b7256d6a154021d930e

(I guess that's one way to get the community on your forum...) Nevertheless, purchased!

Comments

• Yessss, goooooood!

• Still, I love how i have a cheap NY and cheap IT server now :'] <3 @prometeus and @Damian :P

• MaouniqueMaounique Host Rep, Veteran

Damian is still the winner. His stuff is 50 dollar cents, Prometeus one is in Eur cents, albeit has more resources.
    M

• Maonique, are you the Admin in board.prometeus.net?

• Yes he is

edited August 2012

@NanoG6 said: Yes he is

Yep.
    M

• Oh god. you are? o.O

edited August 2012

Well, the idea was to setup the forum for Salvatore, put it in my vps too, wasnt supposed to go online, but someone mixed up things and sent links with it...
    Will be moved soon.
    Wasnt even decided on theme... Was some kind of give back to a very nice man which didnt have a support forum but had a great offer which wasnt really known.
    But, oh god, wasnt supposed to be out...
    M

Thanked by 1ErawanArifNugroho
  • prometeusprometeus Member, Host Rep

When I received the offer to have for free a board in understandable English instead of my crappy Engrish I thinked about a joke....

:P

• PatsPats Member

@Maounique said: Was some kind of give back to a very nice man

nice.. give me a shout if i can be of any help... :)

• Congrats @prometeus for the new board and new 50cents product! More success!

• Use Maxexcloo Minstall and Tuxlite :)

Thanked by 1maxexcloo
  • $ ps aux USER PID %CPU %MEM VSZ RSS TTY STAT START TIME COMMAND root 1 0.0 1.2 2028 648 ? Ss 09:57 0:00 init [2] root 2 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? S 09:57 0:00 [kthreadd/798] root 3 0.0 0.0 0 0 ? S 09:57 0:00 [khelper/798] root 481 0.0 0.8 2084 416 ? Ss 09:57 0:00 /usr/sbin/dropbear -d /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key -r /etc/dropbear/dro root 558 0.0 1.8 2400 928 ? Ss 09:58 0:00 /usr/sbin/dropbear -d /etc/dropbear/dropbear_dss_host_key -r /etc/dropbear/dro ibk 559 0.0 0.9 1744 492 pts/0 Ss 09:58 0:00 -dash ibk 1008 0.0 1.7 2348 916 pts/0 R+ 10:01 0:00 ps aux $ free -m total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 50 38 11 0 0 33 -/+ buffers/cache: 4 45 Swap: 50 0 49 $

is it normal? I remember i have 64MB openvz VPS in the past, with processes running like that, it will only need +-10MB of RAM.

• lbftlbft Member

@subin said: is it normal? I remember i have 64MB openvz VPS in the past, with processes running like that, it will only need +-10MB of RAM.

You're only using 4 MB of RAM there - look at the -/+ buffers/cache line. Prometeus runs the newer 2.6.32 kernels with VSwap on their OpenVZ nodes. That means that you can see the stuff the kernel has cached, like you can with other virtualisation technologies and physical hardware. That memory is available to applications at any time they need it; in the meantime it's speeding up your VPS. For more information have a look at http://www.linuxatemyram.com/.

Thanked by 2subin rm_
  • So, there is a double thread about this issue...

Thanked by 2Mon5t3r rm_
  • @lbft said: Prometeus runs the newer 2.6.32 kernels with VSwap on their OpenVZ nodes. That means that you can see the stuff the kernel has cached, like you can with other virtualisation technologies and physical hardware

Thanks for the long explanation