Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Kimsu won't validate me - first time ever! Other companies I should look at?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Kimsu won't validate me - first time ever! Other companies I should look at?

myhkenmyhken Member
edited January 2015 in General

I have been in the webhosting industry for a very long time (since 1999 with servers/VPS) and longer before that.
Companies that have been around for a long time, often know my name. They know that I'm always is paying my bills, like to build up an credit, pay before I have to etc.
My personal info always match my current address, phone etc, and I'm always using the same e-mail and it can be traced back to me.

This week I tried to get a Kimsu server, just wanted to test one of the cheap dedi. Ordered on Sunday, sent a copy of my passport and a phone bill (with proof of my address and country).
But the order expired, and I'm still not validated.

Are they always so slow? And why would they not validate a person from Norway?

Do online.net demand the same proof, or will the order process go better there?
And are there other companies with Europe DC that sells cheap dedicated servers. The best thing is if I can use my own Windows .iso file on it.

Comments

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

said: Do online.net demand the same proof, or will the order process go better there?

They do instant provisioning, I didn't need to send any kind of verification and my server was set up in just 5 minutes.

• Online.net

No proof of ID needed. For SYS & KS I usually buy from a reseller as its too long and un-needed for their time of verification

• @myhken they only need ID if you order loads of servers or addons.

For a small box it should be activated instantly.

• online.net doesn't accept paypal though. Bummer.

Thanked by 1TinyTunnel_Tom
  • @wych I ordered a KS-2a, no addons, no extra, just one.

@rds100, ok, then I will not use them. I like to pay everything with paypal.

• @Saahib It's just a small test. Most likely only for one month. So I do not think I will use any more time on it. And I also found out that you can not install Windows on Kimsu servers.

• SaahibSaahib Host Rep, Veteran

I hope you have seen other threads about OVH and services, they are 99% slow in terms of validation, to get validated quickly is to now make another order, send them docs once again with new nichehandle and then create a topic in their kimsufi support forum.

• LeeLee Veteran

said: I have been in the webhosting industry for a very long time (since 1999 with servers/VPS) and longer before that. Companies that have been around for a long time, often know my name. They know that I'm always is paying my bills, like to build up an credit, pay before I have to etc. My personal info always match my current address, phone etc, and I'm always using the same e-mail and it can be traced back to me.

None of which means Kimsufi will approve you. I have seen many apparently refused service from Kimsufi and Online.

You should contact them.

• @W1V_Lee I don't think I want to spend any more time on it. I did my part, they did not do their part. So why use them?

• Order expired is normal and you need to wait until they validate your account and re-order again. Just wait :)

• akzakz Member

isnt there a whole thread about validation times being approx 1 month? I personally waited 3 weeks to get validated. If you do not get a response back in the first week give them a call at OVH and they are usually quicker to validate. I got mines validated over the phone after calling them the 2nd week. Give it a try if you really want a KS server.

• akz said: Give it a try if you really want a KS server.

After finding out that I can't install Windows Server on it, I don't want any.
    But I'm just not happy having to send in ID etc, and not get validated in the time frame they gave. First time I have to send ID since 2002/2003 or something.
    And I have used/tested more then 50-60 hosts last 4-5 years.

• @myhken I mean online.net not OVH/KS.

Thanked by 1myhken
  • Due to vacations it may take longer that usual. Many companies have vacations until monday.

• TheLonelyTheLonely Member
    edited January 2015

Live with it, OVH won't accept my ID and other legal information... idk why. It's OVH :/

• @wych Do Online.net support own .iso files and/or own Windows license?

• NyrNyr Community Contributor, Veteran

myhken said: Do Online.net support own .iso files and/or own Windows license?

They do rent KVM for free, however BYO license is not officially supported.

• So if I go for CentOS as OS, but then use the KVM over IP to install my own .iso file, I should be OK?
    If there is some way to upload or use a http/ftp link to the .iso file in the KVM?

• I had a server with Kimsufi and have multiple servers provisioned without issue or verification required. Now whilst paying via PayPal or Card they request ID for every payment. With my last server I paid the invoice on time and ID was requested but wasn't checked in time for the renewal date or expiry grace period and so I lost the server.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

@kcaj said:
    I had a server with Kimsufi and have multiple servers provisioned without issue or verification required. Now whilst paying via PayPal or Card they request ID for every payment. With my last server I paid the invoice on time and ID was requested but wasn't checked in time for the renewal date or expiry grace period and so I lost the server.

They didn't want you with them, they have never asked me that

• netomx said: They didn't want you with them, they have never asked me that

That's the only rational conclusion I can draw from the situation.

Or Kimsufi is just notoriously crap.

• @myhken said:
    After finding out that I can't install Windows Server on it, I don't want any. But I'm just not happy having to send in ID etc, and not get validated in the time frame they gave. First time I have to send ID since 2002/2003 or something. And I have used/tested more then 50-60 hosts last 4-5 years.

If you're just doing this for testing and you either want a Kimsufi and don't want to deal with validation or if you want an Online.net and want to pay via PayPal, you could always try resellers. It does cost more monthly, although you may not have to pay a setup fee, but maybe you could work out a deal with the reseller(s). I personally don't have any experience with any of the resellers and other than not having to pay a setup fee and potentially having more available stock, I'm unsure if there are any added benefits.

• online.net has an instant verification for the first server and if you want more they will ask you for some verification like ID and GAS bill,
    I didn't faced any problem with Kimsufi or SoyouStart vaidate my account with them but I didn't get refund for my VAT till now, they told me that the refund is in progress :) anyway online is alternative for OVH,
    but just wait a while Kimsufi has a very long time to validate users since this happened you will get your server in minutes even if the server is gone you will get validate and can try another time when it will be available

you can try to send to this email : [email protected] I got validated with this email

• The average ticket response time for kimsufi is about 21 days.

And that's part of why they are so cheap.

• I understand. Will never use Kimsu. Still looking for a dirt cheap dedicated box that I can run Windows on. Any resellers out there? (name please)

• @myhken said:
    I understand. Will never use Kimsu. Still looking for a dirt cheap dedicated box that I can run Windows on. Any resellers out there? (name please)

I'm looking for something like this as well. I will definitely check back on this discussion.

• @myhken said:
    I understand. Will never use Kimsu. Still looking for a dirt cheap dedicated box that I can run Windows on. Any resellers out there? (name please)

Kimsufi is the only option. Just wait until they'll validate your account.

• @alexvolk they are not any option, since they don't let the user install Windows on their servers.

Windows licenses?
    It is not possible to install Windows on Kimsufi servers. Even if you have your own license this is not possible.

So I'm looking for a company with cheap dedicated server I can install Windows on. If there is any out there.

• @myhken there was a guide from me on how to setup windows on kimsufi with your own license.

• @alexvolk aa, thats it's another story. Will wait for validation then. Do you have the link to your guide?

Thanked by 1netomx