Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for DirectAdmin Low End Boxes
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Looking for DirectAdmin Low End Boxes

alexalex Member
edited October 2011 in General

I'm in the market for a DA LEB, ideally located in Europe. I checked most of recent offers on LEB but none of them seem to offer DA. Do anybody knows of a provider that offers DA with at least 512MB in sub $15/month budget? am I asking for too much if I add 1GB uplink to that?
thanks!

Comments

• Have a look at ramhost.us German servers. I'm pretty happy with them, they give you DA for 6,49$.

• A 1 GB RAM OpenVZ with DirectAdmin is 15/month at Hostigation.com

• InfinityInfinity Member, Host Rep
    edited October 2011

Just to give you an idea, you don't even need 1GB. I think 512MB will be sufficient. Mine has never exceeded 400MB, even on quite high load.

[root@zeus ~]# free -m
                 total       used       free     shared    buffers     cached
    Mem:          1536        302       1233          0          0          0
    -/+ buffers/cache:        302       1233
    Swap:            0          0          0

Thanked by 1Asim
  • alexalex Member
    edited October 2011

dmmcintyre3 said: A 1 GB RAM OpenVZ with DirectAdmin is 15/month at Hostigation.com

Looking at their website I'd say it's one of those companies I would never buy from.

Infinity said: Just to give you an idea, you don't even need 1GB. I think 512MB will be sufficient. Mine has never exceeded 400MB, even on quite high load.

I never said I need 1GB plan, I've few DA machines, all loaded with 10-20 sites, and the usage is still below 512MB, that's why I asked for 512MB plan

edited October 2011

alex blurted: Looking at their website I'd say it's one of those companies I would never buy from.

Why would that be. They are very professional, services are great, what more can you ask. I have a VPS from them and no problems so far.

/me waits for Tim to come and defend his company..

alex shouted: I never said I need 1GB plan, I've few DA machines, all loaded with 10-20 sites, and the usage is still below 512MB, that's why I asked for 512MB plan

I never said you said you needed a 1GB plan :P

• alex said: Looking at their website I'd say it's one of those companies I would never buy from.

You have no idea what are you missing :P

• Infinity said: Why would that be. They are very professional, services are great, what more can you ask. I have a VPS from them and no problems so far.

That may be arguable, but I think a proper website is a part of every company's image. In that case looking at their website just hurts my eyes. If they don't treat the potential customer with pro attitude, I don't bother signing up.

• alex said: I think a proper website is a part of every company's image.

Have a look at the deadpool, your logic is backwards. Those that scam/fail/fold had some of the flashier sites, those with plain sites are still here chugging along, wasting little time on flash and devoting it to their customers and service.

edited October 2011

True, a flashy website means nothing. Look at BurstNET, not that I like them or anything but they've been there for ages and probebly have the worst design in history.

And anyway I gotta say I like Hostigation's design, nice and simple.

alex wrongly said: If they don't treat the potential customer with pro attitude, I don't bother signing up.

How is not having a flashy design a bad attitude to the customer? Anyway, it's your loss not mine..

• @alex

Looking at their website I'd say it's one of those companies I would never buy from.

Tim kicks ass around here. He's one of the few providers who actually seems to have a clue as to what they're doing.

• My logic is not backwards. If you don't bother about proper presentation of your product, why should I bother signing up with you?

@Infinity: it's not my loss, as it's not like I'm not getting something that is free. If anybody's it's them who are loosing a potential customer.

Call me old fashioned, but it's just the way I am.

• Christian said: Have a look at ramhost.us German servers. I'm pretty happy with them, they give you DA for 6,49$.

all sold out

• SpeedBusSpeedBus Member, Host Rep

Why DA ? Why not Webmin or Kloxo ? They both are good and quiet easy to use..

• sorry but they're not. it's utter crap when compared to DA imho

hmmm, well that's how you think, they are quiet good for me and many others, don't term free and good stuff as crap.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

people like what there used to and if he prefers da thats his choice.

hmmm, that is true.

• daimonbdaimonb Member
    edited October 2011

you see its the pricing point $9.00 / month license for d/a leaves only $6 in your budget for only the vps what spec do you need.

• daimonb said: you see its the pricing point $9.00 / month license for d/a leaves only $6 in your budget for only the vps what spec do you need.

depends on the quantity DA price can go down to $5/month for providers. that leaves $10 for the VPS. it depends on the provider and their arrangement with DA

• daimonb said: you see its the pricing point $9.00 / month license for d/a leaves only $6 in your budget for only the vps what spec do you need.

As a host you can easily become DA NOC. As NOC you can get them for as low as $5 per month.

• have just applied lol :)

never had demand for it though be handy though to have.

• newwebsite.com offers VPS with free DA, price from $6.95/month ;) Find the sign up link on WebHostingTalk because they don't list this offer on their homepage ;)

• And I'm still paying $19 a month per server for my DA licenses. I need to bug them about that.

But, yes, I like it too. Anything is better than CPanel.

• miTgiBmiTgiB Member
    edited October 2011

drmike said: Anything is better than CPanel.

Maybe your personal preference, but DA continues to fall further and further behind cPanel, and if you do actually need support, DA is not even in the same realm.

• giang said: newwebsite.com offers VPS with free DA, price from $6.95/month ;) Find the sign up link on WebHostingTalk because they don't list this offer on their homepage ;)

I have two machines with them, but need different location. Ideally in Europe

• miTgiB said: Maybe your personal preference, but DA continues to fall further and further behind cPanel, and if you do actually need support, DA is not even in the same realm.

Thing is, when I needed support, DA guys were there. for every other time I was able to easily find what I was looking for on their forum. I don't see a reason to pay 3-4 times more for cPanel. But again, each to its own. I prefer DA despite the fact most providers offer cPanel. And apparently so my customers.

• @miTgiB

Maybe your personal preference

That's probably the number 2 positive comment that I get from my clients. Concerning that we use DA instead of CPanel. Get a lot of good feedback on it.

So maybe a little more than just personal.

• alex said: Thing is, when I needed support, DA guys were there. for every other time I was able to easily find what I was looking for on their forum. I don't see a reason to pay 3-4 times more for cPanel. But again, each to its own. I prefer DA despite the fact most providers offer cPanel. And apparently so my customers.

It is a personal preference thing for sure. I've offered both for years, but prefer cPanel. And from watching the actions of those using both, those selecting DA as hosts last much shorter a time then those selecting cPanel. Sure there are those that have used DA for years and still love it, I'm just observing typical usage, and those selecting DA usually abandon it within 3 month, while cPanel is selected over DA 25:1 even at twice the price, and I keep those customers, some coming up on 6 years now.

• ok sweet have just been confirmed i can now sell vps's with d/a

d/a $5 on top of vps cost. Will have to create new os templates now and order link :( there goes my sunday afternoon lol

Thanked by 1alex
  • alexalex Member
    edited October 2011

daimonb said: ok sweet have just been confirmed i can now sell vps's with d/a, d/a $5 on top of vps cost.

Now you're talking! If only you weren't a UK regd company (bloody VAT). Must do some math :)