Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Search broken on LET?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Search broken on LET?

StacyStacy Member

Hi when I try to search "secure webserver" on LET it tells me "You must be logged in to search.
"

But I am already logged in.

Not sure what to do.

Comments

• StacyStacy Member
    edited January 2015

Edit: I found the issue. If you search for something that does not exist in the database, it displays the error "You must be logged in to search."

Try searching for like "secure webserverX" (replace the X with a number like 2 or 3), or something that does not exist in the database and you should get the same result.

• edited January 2015

I have found that sometimes, even if whatever your searching exists, it does that.

Using site:lowendtalk.com searchtermhere on google seems to be much more reliable

Thanked by 2Stacy netomx
  • Yep

• LET search is awfull. Google with site:lowendtalk.com query is way better...

Thanked by 2netomx desperand
  • We're going to be doing an update of Vanilla soon which will hopefully improve the search function. If not, I'll have a look around to see what we can do to improve it.

• @mpkossen said:
    We're going to be doing an update of Vanilla soon which will hopefully improve the search function. If not, I'll have a look around to see what we can do to improve it.

How cool :) Lets hope the search get better.

• mpkossen said: If not, I'll have a look around to see what we can do to improve it.

Switching to Invision Power Board or vBulletin :D

• @mpkossen said:
    If not, I'll have a look around to see what we can do to improve it.

Just roll out Google Custom Search already, earn $$ from Google alongside BSA!

Thanked by 10xdragon