Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Windows Server FTP help
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Windows Server FTP help

Hello. I'm have a small issue with a Windows Server 2012 R2 server with normal Windows FTP installed.
I want to create a second site for a new user. So when user A login it goes to the FTP root directory. But when user B login it get a other root directory on a second disk.

I have tried creating a new site, using b.domain.com and user b, and set the permission on the root folder. But still, when user b login with cname b.domain.com and username b, it still get on the root to user a. And there I have removed all permission to user b, but it still have access.

I really don't need a cname, if I just can get a user A to login to root directory A, and user B login to root directory B.

How can I solve this?

Comments

• I would recommend using FileZilla FTP Server, it's more stable than the Windows one and is easier to use.

• I'm happy with Windows FTP server, I just need a quick fix on my issue. Don't want to use something new and untested just now.

• @wych When I read this, I understand it just for different users and directories on the same folder/root. I need user B to have access to a different disk, not directory.

• @rmlhhd I have now switched to FileZilla FTP server. Has added the users, directories and all. But I can't connect from the outside.
    It works inside the server, but now from the outside. Have opened/added the Filezilla Server Interface in the firewall, but still, no outside access.
    What are I'm doing wrong? Have uninstalled Windows FTP server.

• did you reboot?

• TarZZ92TarZZ92 Member
    edited January 2015

and you add the filezilla server to the firewall not the filezilla interface

it's called FileZilla Server.exe

• @TarZZ92 said:
    and you add the filezilla server to the firewall not the filezilla interface

it's called FileZilla Server.exe

Thats was the issue. Thank you.

• @rmlhhd and thank you for the tip. It was simple to setup, and really simple to add different directories to different users. Sorry for that I did not took your advice right away.

Thanked by 1rmlhhd