Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

OpticServers LTD - Uk Based - VPS Hosting Starting at just £1.7 per month - DDoS Mitigation - Own DC
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

OpticServers LTD - Uk Based - VPS Hosting Starting at just £1.7 per month - DDoS Mitigation - Own DC

OpticServersOpticServers Member
edited January 2015 in Offers

Our Goal

Here at OpticServers, our aim is to provide you, the customer with a high quality virtual private server, useful for anything from websites, to testing development projects. With our 24/7 support on hand in the case of a hardware fault, uptime is a top priority. As a UK host, we provide incredible value for incredibly powerful machines, with a network to match.

Why Choose Us

Auto Setup

All Orders that have been Verified by our Automatic Fraud System will be Deployed with in 45 Seconds.

DDoS Mitigation

Our Network is DDoS Protected by our Arbor DDoS Mitigation Hardware up to 40Gbps.

Our Network

We Utilize our own Managed Network to Guarantee the Network Uptime and Quality.

Low Cost

We Provide Virtual Private Server Hosting at a Low Cost but still with the Quality.

Backup System

We have our own UPS Backup System so if there were to be a power cut, you would still stay online.

Dedicated Support Team

We believe that Support is top priority, that is why we have our own Dedicated 24/7 Support Team.

Our Plans

Here at OpticServers we do not have set plans we like to allow the customer to fully tailor there VPS to exactly the specifications required.

Our Datacenter

Location: United Kingdom, London, Redhill (48 Ormside Way, Redhill, Surrey, RH1 2LW)
Name: OpticServers LTD

Default 256MB Plan:
RAM: 256MB
CPU: 2 Cores (Fair Share)
SSD: 10GB
IPv4: 1
DDoS Mitigation: 40Gbps
Bandwidth: Unmetered
Price: £2 ($3.02)

Default 512MB Plan:
RAM: 512MB
CPU: 2 Cores (Fair Share)
SSD: 10GB
IPv4: 1
DDoS Mitigation: 40Gbps
Bandwidth: Unmetered
Price: £4 ($6.03)

Use Promotional Code "Opening2014" for 15% off first month!

https://opticservers.com/vps

Comments

• site IP showing as Virgin Media, do you have test files?

• @TarZZ92 said:
    site IP showing as Virgin Media, do you have test files?

Yes we have all the Information for Test IP's and Test File's here: https://opticservers.com/support/

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • Strange route being taken from Manc > test IP - 49ms.

• wych said: Strange route being taken from Manc > test IP - 49ms.

am seeing 13ms. direct via london

• VPNshVPNsh Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

Is this OpenVZ, @OpticServers?

Also, getting 8ms from East Midlands :)

• Am getting 24ms from West Midlands ??

• Yes we use OpenVZ Virtualization for our VPS Hosting, we enable most used modules by default (TUN/TAP, PPP) and any modules that you need that can be enabled on OpenVZ we will do so.

if anyone has any questions at all i am more then happy to help.

• False title: "Starting at just £1.7 per month" is only for first month. Not per month. £2 is the price per month. Please, fix it.

• did you have skype dude ?

• I'm getting 19ms from Liverpool :S

• @jvnadr said:
    False title: "Starting at just £1.7 per month" is only for first month. Not per month. £2 is the price per month. Please, fix it.

Oh! did not even realize that mis type.. sorry about that i'll get it changed asap.

@yhuza said:
    did you have skype dude ?

OpticServersLTD

• OpticServersOpticServers Member
    edited January 2015

I am just about to release our Snapshot backup System for our VPS Hosting! you will be able to create 1 Snapshot you will be able to Delete or Restore from that Created Snapshot and once you Delete your Snapshot you will instantly be able to create another..

• kana said: I'm getting 19ms from Liverpool :S

i got 13ms from liverpool :) i win hhaa

• Haha.. it really depends were you are testing the route from but usually we have pretty good latency throughout the whole of the United Kingdom and the Large Majority of Europe we also actually have quite a good route to the United States.

• it would appear you are down?

i cannot access your main website nor my VPS>

• Yes, Sorry about this we are currently unexpected network outage on our upstream providers edge, this is being looked into with an urgent priority.

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • We are now back online and fully working and have been for the past 5 minutes, this was an unexpected outage on one of our upstream provider's core switch's.

• @NodeKid said:
    OpticServers reinstall seems to be taking forever (reinstalling before opening a ticket since I was unable to SSH in…)

I Have gone ahead and fixed your issue, there was a slight issue with Ubuntu and Setting the inodes on Reinstall causing the VPS to not be able to start.

• Really not a bad, if offer KVM will be fine ;)

• Thanks.. currently working on our core infrastructure a little to allow Dedicated Servers and Colocation for Client's we should have that up and ready in the next couple of days.

• Hi NodeKid,

Could you please submit a ticket that I/O Speed is not normal at all and just run a test on our main hardware node and that seems to be fine. and we manage our own edge.. we do not have access to Virgin Media's core edge but we can certainly request them to remove a website block if you are using your VPS as a VPN and as for the Test Speed i have just tested and we are getting 90Mbps download and 80Mbps upload

Hosted by Virgin Media (Wolverhampton) [22.41 km]: 20.549 ms
    Testing download speed........................................
    Download: 93.43 Mbits/s
    Testing upload speed..................................................
    Upload: 74.49 Mbits/s

So the only real issue with your VPS is the I/O and if you submit a ticket we can certainly get that fixed but issue's are not going to get fixed if we are not told about them, please open a support ticket and we will be glad to help.

• @OpticServers

My server I/O is heavily limited too (even slower than the above)

https://www.petabyet.com/result/2015-01-08-79f84458ed3df879f739206709923317/

• Could you please submit a ticket and we will get this fixed for you.. it seems to be a raid card issue on Node-1 i believe. we can investigate into this if someone having actual I/O Issues reports it, thanks.

Updates: we will be soon selling Dedicated Servers and Colocation!

Thanked by 1TarZZ92
  • edited March 2015

@OpticServers All down. Any ETA?

• Virgin Media has an issue with our Fibre Optic connection they are currently sending an engineer to fix this issue we are currently in the process of moving into a high end colocation facility with 19 individual peer's this Saturday there will no longer be any more network issue's after this.

• ciderocidero Member
    edited June 2015

Sorry, but this is the worst VPS I've seen in years. It might be ok to get a VPS on a server with an >8 years old CPU (AMD Opteron 8220) but being limited to only 1/8th of the performance of such an old CPU-Core (=350MHz) is insane! Installing a simple binary like htop or vnstat takes ages. Although they claim "100Mbit/s unmetered" they limit the connection to less than half of that. Of course no IPv6.

IOping often takes more than a second(!), dd sometimes is in the range of KB/s instead of MB/s...

The complete ServerBear benchmark took almost a day: http://serverbear.com/benchmark/2015/06/14/vOlV73kOM5Wi4AWH

Absolutely unusable :( The support basically says everything is fine and you get what you pay for...

• maylimayli Member

User here, I have one vps on this hosting for testing. And it's gone today, unable to or ssh. The website is also down. I think they will never come back, feel sad for my 2bucks.