Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you guys manage your daily To Do lists and calendar events?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

How do you guys manage your daily To Do lists and calendar events?

I usually use paper and a pen but now I want to try using an android app or some online service. What do you guys use? Google Calendar? Offline/Online based apps? Stuff like parents b'day which occurs every year once and notifies you? How do you manage it?

Comments

• Google Calendar & Google Keep. And the sharing capability of both is invaluable.

• Bitrix24 free because we are under 10 users.

• By remembering at about 11PM the night I was supposed to do it as I am in bed about to go to sleep...

Thanked by 2wych Makenai
  • @SNetworks1 said:
    By remembering at about 11PM the night I was supposed to do it as I am in bed about to go to sleep...

I hope you don't treat your clients the same way.

• I use Wunderlist, love their simple interface and straightforward

• LeeLee Veteran

I use google apps however that said I am favouring Google less and less so will need to look for an alternative, perhaps self hosted.

• SNetworks1SNetworks1 Member
    edited January 2015

@varwww said:
    I hope you don't treat your clients the same way.

Fortunately our clients open support tickets and I get an email to tell me, allowing me to deal with issues there and then.

• Google Calendar is good, Wunderlist for detailed events.

• Google Calendar and Evernote.

• I use OneNote for more or less everything now, although important calendar entries are also in my phone with reminder alarms set.

• Google Calender for almost everything, and notepad/gedit for personal notes (synced in Hubic with documents folder)

• Activesync/Exchange - syncs tasks and events to all my devices. Unfortunately Google Calendar isn't as featureful as Exchange yet, or I would use that.

• Owncloud. Also use it for contacts. Has a CalDav and CardDav interface.

• raindog308raindog308 Administrator, Veteran

Toodledo.

Love the site, also they have apps for everything, a full-featured API, etc. Great product I have used for years.

• Open-Xchange

• STICKY NOTES!!!!!

Thanked by 2matthewvz Gadelhas
  • WebProjectWebProject Host Rep, Veteran

google apps + microsoft 365, both are great sollutions

• NeoonNeoon Community Contributor, Veteran

My Brain, Paper and sometimes Notepad. I dont like to use these Online stuff.

Thanked by 2bersy Upstage
  • akzakz Member
    edited January 2015

hotmail(exchange)/work (outlook365) calendar + Tasks App (android)

• PickyPicky Member
    edited January 2015

Bitrix24 free because we are under 10 users.

Another vote for Bitrix24. Essentially free, it's GoogleCalendar+Dropbox+Basecamp+Skype in one. Excellent for collaboration and you can create calendars that sync with GoogleCal, Outlook calendars and others.

• varwwwvarwww Member
    edited January 2015
    • Google Calendar and Google Keep
    • Bitrix24 [<10 users]
    • Wunderlist [simple interface and straightforward]
    • Evernote
    • OneNote
    • notepad/gedit [ (synced in Hubic with documents folder)]
    • Activesync/Exchange
    • Owncloud
    • Toodledo
    • Open-Xchange
    • Stick Notes
    • Microsoft 365
    • hotmail(exchange)/work (outlook365) calendar + Tasks App (android)

Any more suggestions?

• trello for short lists, daily and weekly(moved from Wunderlist)
    Asana for shared lists and tasks with calendar

• I use Google Calendar app on Android ;)

• Google Calendar on my phone (set to sync with account) and Google Keep for notes.

• ... My Girlfriend....
    shes my own personal calender.

• RaymiiRaymii Member
    edited January 2015

I used to use Todo.txt, intensibely, but then I switched to Owncloud, with their Caldav and Carddav sync.

It syncs the tasks, contacts and calendaring including reminders to my Android devices and my dekstop machines via Thunderbird (or OS X calendar/mail).

The big thing is that it includes calendaring, the sad part is that I haven't found a good CLI client yet...

• @AutoSnipe said:
    ... My Girlfriend....
    shes my own personal calender.

• @W1V_Lee said:
    I use google apps however that said I am favouring Google less and less so will need to look for an alternative, perhaps self hosted.

I've found that self-hosted e-mail is a pain. Outlook.com is very aggressive in fighting SPAM and even though all automated checks may pass (SPF, DKIM, etc.), you're still going to be marked as Junk because of your "domain reputation" or whatever. I've had to switch one domain (which was extremely clean, by the way) to SES for sending just to Outlook wouldn't mark it as Junk. All of that because of an IP switch :S

Besides that, I'm not yet sure how "bad" Google is. You pay them for a service, they deliver. Compared to the alternatives out there (fastmail, Outlook, Zoho), they do offer a competitive overall package that's hard to replace by a non-timeconsuming alternative.

• I use: any.do + cal, todo.txt, workflowy and trello