Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CentOS/Ubuntu] Is there any alternatives to Proxmox?
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

[CentOS/Ubuntu] Is there any alternatives to Proxmox?

As DelimiterVPS has a very small set of installable ISOs on their $5USD dedicated, and Debian Stable ins't in their list, is there any alternatives to Proxmox, OpenNode and OpenNebula that can be installed on top of a running CentOS/Ubuntu server?

Thank you!

Comments

• Virtualizor works on CentOS, think Delimiter were also giving some licences away with certain servers.

You could also wait for VirtKick to beta.

• netomxnetomx Moderator, Veteran

Are yousure you want to run Proxmox on an Atom 230?

• agoldenbergagoldenberg Member, Host Rep

There's openvz web panel

• The $5 Atom is not a real dedicated server - it doesn't have a hard disk. I.e. it is a hybrid with dedicated RAM and CPU and virtualized storage. So it only supports the OSes that support the virtualized storage (i.e. rootfs on iscsi). That's why you don't see so many OS choices there.
    Also this CPU doesn't support hardware virtualization. But OpenVZ should work. Why don't you try OpenVZ with commandline control (i.e. vzctl commands).

• @rds100 said:
    The $5 Atom is not a real dedicated server - it doesn't have a hard disk. I.e. it is a hybrid with dedicated RAM and CPU and virtualized storage. So it only supports the OSes that support the virtualized storage (i.e. rootfs on iscsi). That's why you don't see so many OS choices there.
    Also this CPU doesn't support hardware virtualization. But OpenVZ should work. Why don't you try OpenVZ with commandline control (i.e. vzctl commands).

Yes, I know. I really don't want to work with OpenVZ from command line on that server, too much work this week to waste time with it by now.

@netomx said:
    Are yousure you want to run Proxmox on an Atom 230?

As I will not be serving anything resource intensive on this server, yes. Why not?

@wych said:
    Virtualizor works on CentOS, think Delimiter were also giving some licences away with certain servers.

You could also wait for VirtKick to beta.

I will take a look at Virtualizor. I can't wait for VirtKick, unfortunately.

• Do you all think that Feathur from BlueVM is a good idea?

• jarjar Patron Provider, Top Host, Veteran

vzctl works

Thanked by 2Lee Maounique
  • LeeLee Veteran

@Jar said:
    vzctl works

^^This, nothing else required.