Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whmcs help needed
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Whmcs help needed

If i remove the installation of the whmcs and reinstall it again and upload the old database, should i add again the packages and should link it again with cpanel?

1. if i upload the whmcs in other directory lats say from /clients to /secure it will still works or i should change something in the database?

Thank you guys...

Comments

• shovenoseshovenose Member, Host Rep
    edited January 2015

You can change directory. Reinstall not needed. You'll need to change URL in settings, though.

• DalekOfSkaroDalekOfSkaro Member
    edited January 2015

Well... Make sure you have the same encryption key, otherwise all your stored passwords and access keys won't work.

• If you have any custom paths you will need to change that in the config as well.

• Dalek, what you mean with encyption key?

• BuyAds said: Dalek, what you mean with encyption key?

There's an encryption key/hash in the WHMCS configuration while which is responsible for encrypting server passwords, access hashes, secret questions & answers and pretty much all the sensitive data... If this changes, you're going to have to re-add all your passwords and access hashes manually. If you're doing a fresh install of WHMCS but you already have such data in your database, you need to retain the encryption key in order to be able to decrypt and for WHMCS to be able to automatically connect to servers etc...

• Hmmmm. Thank you. Will look on it.

• You're very welcome. Good luck!

Thanked by 1BuyAds