Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Online.net DDoS protection
New on LowEndTalk? Please Register and read our Community Rules.

All new Registrations are manually reviewed and approved, so a short delay after registration may occur before your account becomes active.

Online.net DDoS protection

So how good is online.net's standard ddos protection (with Sevi® M6-NG)? Maximum PPS / Gbps? What kind of attacks can it filter? Does anyone have hands on experience with their ddos protection services?

Comments

• It'll do small floods, anything over 2Gbps is a free null-route.

• Hmm, I'll tag @bene_online in this thread. Maybe we can get an "official" response.

Thanked by 1trexos
  • Why not get one of those little 1.99 EUR servers and find out

• Hi,

you can see the differences in our DDoS protection levels here: http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/ddos-arbor#pricing

Thanked by 1Mark_R
  • It handles 3 gbits and 800k pps - tested by my customer (no null route) do no got bigger to know where the limit is ...

• @bene_online said:
    you can see the differences in our DDoS protection levels here: http://www.online.net/en/dedicated-server/ddos-arbor#pricing

Hmm, no info about max Gbps/PPS. Where can I find it?

• Mitigated 5gbit and 1,5M PPS. Downtime: 5 minutes.

Thanked by 1postcd
  • @nexmark said:
    It'll do small floods, anything over 2Gbps is a free null-route.

No issues here, max I've had is like 2 mins downtime while it switches over to the protection thingy?

• ZweiTiger said: Mitigated 5gbit and 1,5M PPS. Downtime: 5 minutes.

They block or de-prioritize icmp so don't use ping to check downtime when under ddos.

Thanked by 1netomx
  • linuxthefish said: No issues here, max I've had is like 2 mins downtime while it switches over to the protection thingy?

What plans are you using to deflect these attacks?

• @linuxthefish said:
    They block or de-prioritize icmp so don't use ping to check downtime when under ddos.

And they put you behind their crappy packet loss firewall which has packet loss all the time, resulting in the server being unusable for 3-4 hours after an attack.

• tr1cky said: And they put you behind their crappy packet loss firewall which has packet loss all the time, resulting in the server being unusable for 3-4 hours after an attack.

Ping to the server is bad, but mtr or "watch -n 1 nmap ipaddress -sn" shows it's up, and ping out of the server is fine.

Are you in DC2 or DC3? DC2 is a LOT better and quicker at blocking and detecting stuff IMO.

kcaj said: What plans are you using to deflect these attacks?

It's the oneprovider panel, with only the basic anti ddos option.

• By default, all our Dedibox servers come with a standard anti-DDOS protection, including automatic mitigation from common attacks with a geographic based database, to limit impact on your server. This protection does not rely on added limitation

It seems like the mitigation is based off a database with bad ip's that have a reputation towards DDoS, However I can't find much information on this "Sevi" device they use.

• Hmm, I'm still interested in max Gbps/PPS. Looks like from experience, it'll take 3 Gbps fine but that's relatively small these days.

• Ok so it is like this. I was attack by ddos. A heavy attack. I was in local data centar so from the atack not the server but the data canter stop working. I contact online.net transfer the server with them and get the BUSINESS SERVICE and the Second level of ddos however because was Friday night i was still on Sevi protection and not on Arbor. The attack continue after transfer and Sevi protection servile it. The biggest one was 2500 KPPS with 25 GBits of data. I thing they let me be and did not null me because i already get Arbor and BUSINESS SERVICE but still that a great protection.

Thanked by 1vimalware